This week in sports photos: Bryce Harper, sad Steve Nash, Psy and High School shorts
Chris Carlson, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Lakers were eliminated from the NBA playoffs this week; it's only natural that Steve Nash would be a little bit disappointed. Nash's displeasure, however, comes at the expense of several other NBA fan bases that were only too happy to see the Lakers bomb out of the playoffs in the first round.
Also in Los Angeles, Korean pop music superstar Psy made a guest appearance at a Los Angeles Dodgers baseball game on Tuesday. Between innings, the "Gangnam Style" star cut a rug to entertain the Dodger faithful. It appears that Tommy LaSorda, the legendary Dodgers coach, was less than amused.
In the sport of soccer, tugging on jerseys in an effort to distract the opponent is a fact of life, but a Judge Memorial player took it to another level Thursday in the 3A Utah state soccer playoffs when he pulled on an Ogden Tiger's shorts and got caught on camera.
From the Middle East to San Francisco, here are this week's top sports photos.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20