In January 2008, Mormon Times was created as a companion product to the Salt Lake City-based Deseret News to provide readers with trusted LDS news and perspectives.
For the past three years, Mormon Times content has appeared in three locations: in a weekly print product distributed by the Deseret News, in the LDS Newsline section of DeseretNews.com and on MormonTimes.com.
We're excited to announce that Mormon Times has returned to DeseretNews.com under the Faith section (formerly LDS Newsline), where you will continue to find the compelling and uplifting content you've come to expect from Mormon Times. The URL www.mormontimes.com will redirect to this location, so your bookmarks will continue to work.
Mormon Times at its new location will feature several exciting benefits for you:
- A more secure environment. Security has always been a top priority at MormonTimes.com. We are constantly working to protect our members' personal information. In reviewing our security policy, we came to the conclusion that it would be more efficient for us and safer for you if we combined MormonTimes.com with DeseretNews.com.
- Constant improvements. DeseretNews.com has a dedicated team of technical developers and content managers who are committed to innovation. Mormon Times' move to DeseretNews.com will allow us to work with this team and provide you with the most efficient and enjoyable online experience possible.
- A single online location for Mormon Times content. In the past, Mormon Times readers who accessed our content through DeseretNews.com visited the LDS Newsline section where they found partial articles with links that directed them to MormonTimes.com for the complete articles. Mormon Times' new home in the Faith section of DeseretNews.com will allow you to access full Mormon Times articles from a single location.
- iPhone/iPad applications. The Deseret News has recently launched iPhone and iPad applications that will be updated frequently. With this move to DeseretNews.com, you will have access to Mormon Times content through these applications.
- Moderated comments. Mormon Times articles will have a place for you to share your thoughts. These comments are moderated to ensure you are able to participate in civil conversations.
Below are answers to some questions you may have. If you have a concern that is not addressed below, please feel free to email us at email@example.com. We believe this move will allow us to continue providing you with inspiring content while offering you an enhanced online experience.
What will happen to my MormonTimes.com account?
If you have a MormonTimes.com account, it will shortly be transitioned to DeseretNews.com, allowing you to use the same username and password to access all of the tools and features on our new site.
What will happen to the daily Mormon Times email I currently receive?
You will continue to receieve the same email in a slightly different format.
What will happen to the Mormon Times Facebook page?
The Mormon Times Facebook page will not be affected. We will continue to post articles, videos and links every day. We enjoy interacting with you on our page and look forward to your continued participation. If you are not one of our Facebook "fans" yet but would like to be, click here.
How will this affect the print edition of Mormon Times?
Although this move to DeseretNews.com will not directly impact the print edition of Mormon Times, improvements are constantly being made to the paper to provide you with what we hope you find to be an appealing, uplifting product.
If you would like to sign up for a subscription to the Mormon Times print product, click here.
Where can I find Mormon Times TV episodes?
Previous Mormon Times TV episodes are available on the Mormon Times' YouTube channel. Episodes aired after July 13, 2011, will be available on KSL.com.
Back to top^