Deseret News iOS Apps: Support Page
Same News, New Format
Get the same news you're used to on a new digital format you can take anywhere.
News - Local, National and World News
Sports - BYU, Utah, Jazz, Utah high school sports and more
Opinion - Trusted insight from the columnists and editorial team at Deseret News
Faith - LDS Church News and Faith in the community, nation and world
Family Life - Home, culture, food and entertainment for the family
Pioneering news since 1850, The Deseret News Universal iOS apps (iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPod touch) are the latest innovation to bring the news you trust right to you fingertips.
Elegant navigation gets you right to the news that matters most. Beautiful photos and a clean story layout create a rich digital reading experience equally perfect for sit-back Sunday mornings or the train ride to work. And lightening-fast content loading means more time reading and less time watching spinning icons.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the Deseret News iPad app?
There are two ways of getting the iPad app.
- Download it from the App Store directly from your iPad. Tap the icon on your iPad called "App Store" and search for "Deseret News iPad App." From the search results, follow the instructions to download it for free. The Deseret News iPad App icon will be displayed on your iPad once downloaded. Tap it to open it and begin reading.
- Download it from the App Store within iTunes. Within iTunes, search for "Deseret News iPad App." Click the button that reads "Free App" next to the Deseret News iPad App icon. The app will be downloaded to your computer. You will need to synchronize your iPad to transfer it for use on the iPad.
Does it cost anything to download or use the iPad app?
At this time, the Deseret News iPad App is free to download and use. Enjoy!
What features does the iPad app include?
- Best of the Deseret News - A selection of the top stories from the Deseret News. Sort by most recent and most popular.
- Elegant Interface - Simple navigation and an intuitive touch interface bring stories to you in just a couple taps of the finger.
- Great Sit-Back Reading Experience - Maximum reading space and "swipe-through" story navigation makes for a compelling sit-back reading experience.
- Section Scanner - Scan all the most recent news in an instant and go directly to the stories that interest you most.
- Social Sharing - Share stories via e-mail, Twitter and Facebook.
- Rapid Loading - No need to wait for stories and photos to load forever.
- Opinion - Easy access to your favorite Deseret News personalities.
- Offline reading - The latest content you downloaded to your app can be read wherever you go, even when no internet connection is available.
Does the Deseret News iPad app include advertisements?
Yes, the Deseret News iPad app includes two types of advertisements.
- Banner ads - You will see these on the front page and the section pages.
- Interstitial ads - You will see occasional full page, interactive ads while reading articles.
What devices can I use the iPad app on?
The iPad app is in fact what Apple calls a universal app. This means it can be used on the iPad as well as iPhone and iPod touch. The app is designed to reconfigure itself for optimal usage on any of these devices.
Will I get all of the Deseret News on the iPad app?
Not all of the Deseret News content will be made available in the iPad app, but we've made every effort to ensure the most important and most popular content is available. The following sections can be found in the app:
- News - Local, National and World News
- Sports - Pros, College and High School
- Opinion - Trusted insight from the columnists and editorial team at Deseret News
- Faith - LDS church news & faith in the community, nation and world
- Family Life - Home, culture, food and entertainment for the family
Will I be able to get the news when offline?
Yes. The most recent stories that were downloaded to the app when you last opened it will be available to read when offline.
Will I see pictures and videos on the iPad app?
Yes, high resolution photo galleries are available for most stories. Tap the photo in the story to open the photo gallery. Some stories may also have videos attached to them which can be viewed directly from the app.
How do I share an article from the iPad app?
You will see a tools icon in stories at the top and to the right. Tap this icon to share the story you are reading via Facebook, Twitter or E-mail. You do need to have a Facebook or Twitter account to use these features.
How do I remove the Deseret News iPad app from my mobile device?
You can remove the Deseret News iPad app by holding down the Deseret News application icon until an "X" appears on the icon and it begins to wiggle. Tap the X then confirm that you wish to delete the app in the confirmation window that appears.
If your question wasn't answered here, please e-mail us at email@example.com.