Just days before he was to go on trial, a long-haul trucker who authorities say is obsessed with vampires admitted in federal court Thursday to holding women as sex slaves. Read more »
Here are the players with Utah ties who have been named or reported to be on rosters. More will be added as more information becomes available. Read more »
The Pentagon will let transgender individuals serve openly in the U.S. military, ending one of the last bans on service in the armed forces. Read more »
Journalist's new book tackles 'darkness and tyranny' by offering a first-hand lens into Middle Eastern chaos
Journalist Chris Mitchell has had a front-row seat to many of the events and conflicts in Iraq, Syria and beyond, with the rise of the Islamic State leading him to pen a book about the continued... Read more »
Americans are spending more money in restaurants than grocery stores, a trend that worries health professionals, who say families are healthier when they eat meals prepared at home. Read more »
If you don't possess them already, these are habits you'll definitely want to develop. Take the quiz to see if you're up on your personal finance facts. Read more »
When Elaine Dalton heard Michelle Lehnardt’s vision for RubyGirl.org, she immediately voiced her support. Read more »
A 16-year-old girl was arrested Thursday for investigation of two counts of murder after police say her SUV slammed into the back of another vehicle, killing the two people inside. Read more »
Former Jazz All-Star Mark Eaton shared his 1982 NBA Draft mailgram on Twitter. Washington State head coach Mike Leach visted BYU's Cannon Center. Finally, ESPN ranks a Utah football defensive trio... Read more »
PROVO — Today the BYU football administrators, players and coaches will look at the past, present and future of the football program. And the Deseret News is there to cover it all day.... Read more »
A single elevator could have accommodated the donors who recently gathered with Hillary Clinton at home of the Pritzker family in Chicago's Gold Coast neighborhood. Small in number, the group was... Read more »
Eliminate the kind of gnawing hunger that saps hope and you strengthen nations and make a strong case for freedom and liberty.You also strengthen this country at the same time. Read more »
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him to...
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare system...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I choose...
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares US...
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive pits...
- BYU football: What you need to know about...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Husband called to confront man accused of...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- House Republicans' report faults Obama... 53
- Kathleen Parker: Repeat, retreat, reload 51
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 50
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 49
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44