A bill that would increase the personal income tax rate in Utah by 1 percent, collecting an added $585 million for education each year, has incited debate among lawmakers, educators and policy... Read more »
A Washington judge has found that the father-in-law of missing Utah woman Susan Powell is in violation of a court order for failing to get mandated sexual deviancy treatment and has ordered him to... Read more »
So far this season, Christian Stewart has thrown 17 touchdown passes in relief of starter Taysom Hill. HIs goal as a senior who walked on was to throw just one. From where he's had to work his way... Read more »
The Simon Wiesenthal Center, one of the nation’s pre-eminent organizations fighting anti-Semitism and bigotry, has developed a “CombatHateU” app to deal with the problem. Read more »
Utah coach Kyle Whittingham insists Colorado is much improved despite a 0-8 record in Pac-12 play. Read more »
Two Bountiful girls have been charged with making up an elaborate kidnapping story, claiming they were taken at knife point, tied up and held hostage for 19 hours before eventually escaping 75... Read more »
Nathan Glad is a grateful boy. He is also a fragile one. He was born with osteogenesis imperfecta (brittle bone disease), which means his bones have the approximate density of uncooked pasta. Read more »
Deseret News Sports Report Podcast: Talking the start of the college hoops season, Jazz basketball and Utah-Colorado rivalry
Jay and Carter break down the start of the college basketball season for BYU and Utah, as well as the rest of the state, plus more. Read more »
An early morning fire destroyed a family-owned sawmill Wednesday north of Duchesne. Read more »
Aiden Rose can't run, bike or swim, but he finished a triathlon Tuesday morning with the help of some friends. Read more »
For senior offensive lineman De'Ondre Wesley, getting through the first months at BYU was a huge challenge but ultimately proved rewarding. Read more »
Homebuyers have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season; including mortgage rates, the federal reserve, jobs, home prices and homeowner equity. Read more »
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Sadie Robertson lets her light shine during...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 68
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Letter: What this issue is really about 63
- New friends plan to work together to... 59
- Letter: Acting on immigration 52