Vietnamese air force planes on Saturday spotted two large oil slicks close to where a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 went missing earlier in the day, the first sign that the aircraft carrying 239... Read more »
Sen. Howard Stephenson, chairman of the Education Committee, wants to start a $2.8 million bureaucracy that duplicates and circumvents the constitutional responsibility of the Utah State Board of... Read more »
Whether it's his simple lifestyle, candid statements or the energy he's brought as the first non-European pontiff in centuries, Pope Francis is popular with Roman Catholics — and others... Read more »
Check back with deseretnews.com every day for everything involving the 5A state's basketball high school state tournament. Championship Here is the preview and live stream from Saturday's... Read more »
Going digital has pushed "dollar theaters" into the modern movie age and into debt. Most have taken on loans to pay for the conversion. Read more »
Olympic champion Ted Ligety overcame a softening course and a challenge by Austrian veteran Benjamin Raich to win a men's World Cup giant slalom on Saturday. Read more »
A Colorado juvenile court has ruled that a father in a dismissed Utah adoption case will share custody of his daughter with the couple who have become her "psychological parents." Read more »
Utah Valley University withstood Bakersfield's second half surge to earn a 64-55 win at the UCCU Center on Friday night, clinching the WAC regular season title outright in its first season in the... Read more »
There are so many ways in which God expresses his love that are not merely coincidences. And as important as recognizing those acts of love are, it is equally important we live our lives so as not... Read more »
A new survey of the nation's college freshmen has found that the percentage attending their first-choice school has reached its lowest level in almost four decades, as cost and the availability of... Read more »
Federal land transfer issues can be complicated. Still, public dialogue should be factually correct. The Bennett editorial characterizes Utah’s past position as a barrier to the current lands... Read more »
The man accused of setting a four-alarm, $6 million fire in downtown Salt Lake City pleaded not guilty during an arraignment in federal court this week. Read more »
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- BYU basketball: Cougars leery of facing...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 98
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 66
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56