From race results to parade floats and pioneer quotes, follow the Deseret News' coverage of Utah's Pioneer Day celebrations here.
Residents of the Iraqi city of Mosul say Islamic extremist militants have blown up a revered Muslim shrine traditionally said to be the burial place of the Prophet Jonah. Read more »
See the Salt Lake Valley through the eyes of the pioneers who entered it on July 24, 1847, as well as the pioneers who came before and followed after. Read more »
SALT LAKE CITY — Allie Moore has won back-to-back Deseret News Classic Marathon titles. Moore, of Salt Lake City, won 45th running of the marathon, which is one of many Pioneer Day... Read more »
Rep. Paul Ryan proposed a new plan Thursday to merge up to 11 anti-poverty programs into a single grant program for states that he said would allow more flexibility to help lift people out of poverty. Read more »
After 15 years of mostly gentle persuasion, the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education has announced that it is partnering with a major law firm on an aggressive litigation strategy to... Read more »
An Air Algerie flight carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso to Algeria's capital disappeared from radar early Thursday over northern Mali and "probably crashed," according to the plane's owner and... Read more »
Here's a look at what people across Utah are saying about Pioneer Day and how they're celebrating. Read more »
Pope Francis has met privately with a Sudanese woman who arrived in Italy after escaping a death sentence in Sudan for refusing to recant her Christian faith. Read more »
SALT LAKE CITY — The annual Deseret News Classic 5K began with lots of smiles at 7 a.m. at the Wasatch Elementary School playground on Thursday. The race, which was one of many races that... Read more »
Thanks to art collector Tony Christensen, a nearly-century-old mural depicting the Mormon pioneers' arrival in the Salt Lake Valley has made its way to Salt Lake City. Read more »
The Utah Pioneers understood the true worth of religious liberty. Read more »
Many have compared the trek of the Mormon pioneers to the exodus of ancient Israel, and not without justice. The pioneer migration should be remembered and celebrated, as the ancient one has been. Read more »
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Who were the first 3...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 99
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 78
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 71
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 59