The Boy Scouts of America's National Council has voted to ease a long-standing ban on openly gay youth members.
The Boy Scouts of America overturned its longtime ban on openly gay youth members Thursday after months of controversial and divisive debate. Read more »
Kennecott Utah Copper laid off an unspecified number of employees Thursday as a result of a massive landslide that crippled the mine last month. Read more »
Four films from last year joined the billion-dollar club, including "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey." What does that really mean in today's Hollywood? Hint: A lot less than it used to. Read more »
All but three of the 32 Utah state parks that offer camping are chock full this Memorial Day holiday weekend, but people can visit for the day to boat, hike or picnic. Three state parks offer... Read more »
Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. is challenging the part of the federal health care law that requires for-profit companies to offer employees health coverage that includes products the business owners find... Read more »
In a town decimated by tragedy, the photos that have brought a nation to its knees are coming to life as the families and friends talk about their experiences with the Moore, Oka., tornado. Read more »
A long-awaited report highlighting the costs and benefits of Medicaid expansion in Utah was released by the state's health department Thursday. Read more »
SALT LAKE CITY — The life and legacy of Frances J. Monson — "a legacy of humility, service, faithfulness and love," according to her daughter, Ann M. Dibb — was celebrated... Read more »
According to a study by Lifeboat, an organization that explores “the art and science of friendship,” 50 percent of baby boomers (those age 50-69) met at least one of their closest... Read more »
This year, the Deseret News will be live streaming Utah high school graduations, including several this weekend. Read more »
Raising roses is a lot like raising children. There is a lot of work involved and frustration with how they progress. They sometimes resist our help and may attempt to thwart our involvement. Read more »
More than 1,400 Scout leaders have gathered in Grapevine, Texas, today to finalize the Boy Scouts of America decision regarding its ban on the participation of openly gay members. The announcement... Read more »
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- West Point honor student arrested in deaths...
- Police locate West Point teen called 'person...
- Abercrombie & Fitch CEO posts statement on...
- BYU basketball: Dave Rose hoping Tyler Haws'...
- Woman uses public punishment to teach a...
- 18-year-old musician dies after inspiring...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 77
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 65
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 55
- Chaffetz not willing to take... 52
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 43
- BYU baseball: Cougars upset No. 13... 40
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 40
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 39