Deseret News web sports senior writer Brandon Judd is posting updates from tonight's West Coast Conference tournament championship basketball game between BYU and Gonzaga in addition to posting commentary from social media.
The first day of NFL free agency brought plenty of movement Tuesday, including for several former University of Utah players who will or are expected to switch teams for the first time in their... Read more »
Utahns with epilepsy are on the home stretch for being allowed to use non-intoxicating hemp oil extract from marijuana plants to treat seizures. Read more »
Libraries throughout the country are taking innovative steps, including adding digital labs, game rooms, and children and teen centers. Read more »
Volunteers collected cheek swab samples Tuesday in hopes of generating matches for those needing bone marrow transplants at a registry sponsored by Granger Medical Clinic, Be the Match and the... Read more »
Two apostles share counsel and direction with tens of thousands of Latter-day Saints living in the islands of the Pacific. Read more »
The Salt Lake County Council has authorized the hiring of two professionals to launch a regional gang reduction initiative. The pair would assess gang crime trends, research proven strategies and... Read more »
"If you don't behave, I will make you eat a salad for lunch." "Because you didn't listen at practice, you need to run laps." These are examples of times when people use healthy food or exercise as... Read more »
Legislation requiring a 2-mile buffer zone for the establishment of any new medical waste incineration facility in the state passed the Utah House on a 44-28 vote Tuesday. SB196 has already been... Read more »
"Do we invest in students or millionaires?" says Warren. She proposes that Congress enact the Buffet rule, which would raise $50 billion in revenue and ensure that millionaires don't pay lower... Read more »
A gunshot fired in a domestic dispute Tuesday triggered a lockdown at a nearby elementary school. Read more »
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe pledged to boost rebuilding efforts as the country marked the third anniversary Tuesday of a devastating earthquake and tsunami that left nearly 19,000 people dead,... Read more »
Gov. Gary Herbert made it clear Tuesday he's not waiting around for lawmakers to make a decision about Medicaid expansion, announcing he's sending staff to Washington, D.C., next week to start... Read more »
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San Francisco...
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why we...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU...
- San Francisco coach apologizes for postgame...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 101
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 85
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 74
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 59
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 44