Utah welcomes USC for a Pac-12 south clash on Saturday night. In preparation for the game, the Deseret News caught up with Michael Lev, who covers the Trojans for the Orange County Register, to get... Read more »
While enjoying many privileges in a free society, we must not fall into the trap of believing privileges are rights. Once a privilege is recast as a right, it suddenly becomes immoral to talk about... Read more »
Police are seeking the public's help in locating the whereabouts of Alex Ernesto Bustamante, 41, who they believe sexually assaulted a sunbather at a community pool in late September. Read more »
Italy’s singing nun Sister Cristina Scuccia, who became a global sensation after winning a TV reality show, has chosen Madonna’s controversial classic “Like a Virgin” as the... Read more »
SAN FRANCISCO — A poll of Pac-12 media members picked Utah to finish second in the Pac-12 Conference for the upcoming 2014-15 season. This is the highest the Runnin' Utes have been picked... Read more »
The U.S. Treasury Department says Islamic State militants are earning about $1 million a day just from black market oil sales. Read more »
Five financial things to make sure you do before the end of this year. Read more »
As terrorism continues to grow like a cancer (and whatever happened in Ottawa, it was terrorism), freedom begins to look differently. We may never regain what is lost. Read more »
Bill Mumma, a former Wall Street executive and now president and chairman of the Becket Fund for Religious Liberty, is bullish on the prospects of government, courts and the American people... Read more »
It might seem like suspenseful stories about the supernatural are often at odds with religious beliefs, but scholars and Christian writers say they have a lot in common. Read more »
Latter-day Saints take a high view of the reliability of scripture, but we don't believe in scriptural inerrancy. And, anyway, some aspects of the scriptures are more important than others. We... Read more »
Changing fields: Returned missionary college football players find new opportunities to share gospel
Returned Mormon missionaries playing college football at schools such as Stanford, San Jose State, Oregon State, Air Force and Arizona State share stories, experiences. Read more »
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 111
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 93
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 69
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 66
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60