Great Salt Lake Social Hall
2601 Sunnyside Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Web site »
Included in admission
Built in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1853. A center for social and cultural events, the Social Hall was built from local sandstone. The first floor included a dining area with tables, benches, and a fully equipped kitchen; the upper story had a 20' x 40' stage and a large dance floor. The Deseret Dramatic Association, established in 1853, held many performances in the hall. Remnants of the original foundation can be seen in the Social Hall Heritage Museum in downtown Salt Lake City.
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...