Great Salt Lake Social Hall
2601 Sunnyside Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Web site »
Included in admission
Built in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1853. A center for social and cultural events, the Social Hall was built from local sandstone. The first floor included a dining area with tables, benches, and a fully equipped kitchen; the upper story had a 20' x 40' stage and a large dance floor. The Deseret Dramatic Association, established in 1853, held many performances in the hall. Remnants of the original foundation can be seen in the Social Hall Heritage Museum in downtown Salt Lake City.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...