Great Salt Lake Social Hall
2601 Sunnyside Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Web site »
Included in admission
Built in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1853. A center for social and cultural events, the Social Hall was built from local sandstone. The first floor included a dining area with tables, benches, and a fully equipped kitchen; the upper story had a 20' x 40' stage and a large dance floor. The Deseret Dramatic Association, established in 1853, held many performances in the hall. Remnants of the original foundation can be seen in the Social Hall Heritage Museum in downtown Salt Lake City.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...