Hooper and Eldredge Bank
2601 Sunnyside Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Web site »
Included in admission
Built in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1866. This is a replica of the original Bank of Deseret that later became the First Security Bank and then Wells Fargo Bank. It was an adobe building with a false wooden front located on Salt Lake City's traditional banking corner of 100 South and Main Street. Although this was Utah's first state bank, it was not established until about 1866. Prior to that date, the LDS Church and private mercantiles functioned as bankers.
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to transfer to UVU