Hooper and Eldredge Bank
2601 Sunnyside Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Web site »
Included in admission
Built in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1866. This is a replica of the original Bank of Deseret that later became the First Security Bank and then Wells Fargo Bank. It was an adobe building with a false wooden front located on Salt Lake City's traditional banking corner of 100 South and Main Street. Although this was Utah's first state bank, it was not established until about 1866. Prior to that date, the LDS Church and private mercantiles functioned as bankers.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...