Godbe-Pitts and Company Drugstore
2601 Sunnyside Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Web site »
Included in admission
Built in Salt Lake City, Utah in the late-1850's. Many medicines in the pioneer era were made from herbs grown in the yard of each family's home. However, people relied upon commercial drugstores like Godbe-Pitts & Company for more exotic herbs that were not found in the intermountain area and for processed medicines brought from the East. Druggists in those days were not necessarily trained in medicine like today's pharmacists.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Expert advice on no-spank discipline that...