Godbe-Pitts and Company Drugstore
2601 Sunnyside Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108
Web site »
Included in admission
Built in Salt Lake City, Utah in the late-1850's. Many medicines in the pioneer era were made from herbs grown in the yard of each family's home. However, people relied upon commercial drugstores like Godbe-Pitts & Company for more exotic herbs that were not found in the intermountain area and for processed medicines brought from the East. Druggists in those days were not necessarily trained in medicine like today's pharmacists.
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- New mission presidents
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...