Bennett says Romney can win presidency
Also, he doubts that Utah will get a 4th House seat
Bennett said Washington, D.C., rumor has it that Bloomberg is worth more than $1 billion, and "he could spend $500 million on an independent presidential campaign and not miss it."
As long as Giuliani has the beat-Hillary-card via the polls, "It trumps everything else, (Giuliani's) position on abortion, all his marriages, everything else."
Republicans are looking more at Romney because he has lived, through his private life and his family, "the family values they like." The other Republican candidates don't have that, said Bennett.
"I have heard maybe fourth-hand that Hillary is most concerned about Mitt," said Bennett. In large part, that's because of his wholesome reputation. "Many Americans see that if they vote for Hillary, they get Bill. And they don't want their soap-opera marriage playing out before them (on TV) in their living rooms for another four years."
While the Iraq war is much hated in America, and Bush's approval ratings are just terrible, Bennett said he doesn't see the war greatly harming the GOP nominee, assuming the nominee is not Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who supports the current military approach in Iraq.
"Mitt and Giuliani can just say: 'It is not my war.'"
What D.C. politicians heard from the "screaming and yelling from the 2006 election is that they want a new face they are tired of the Establishment," he said. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., is a new face, but he won't win the Democratic nomination, believes Bennett.Obama "is not connected to the automatic delegates" that have such a large say in the national Democratic convention.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 114
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 57
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 40
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- School leaders look for solutions to... 22
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12