SALT LAKE CITY — Since 2009, Utah has seen more than 20 cases of teachers and others in positions of authority accused of having some type of sexual contact with a minor. Below is a list of some of those who were prosecuted and the status of their cases.
• Charles Weber, 67, former principal of Soldier Hollow Charter School in Midway and an educator for more than 40 years, admitted to abusing many young boys over a period of 35 years. He was sentenced in May and is serving to two consecutive terms of five years to life in prison in connection with the abuse of a 15-year-old boy.
• Steven Green, 42, is accused of engaging in sexual activity with a girl whom he coached in soccer and who was his stepdaughter's friend. The girl claims the activity went on when she was between 13 and 15. Green has pleaded not guilty to the 13 charges. His trial is on hold while the state collects additional evidence. No trial date has been set.
• Courtney Jarrell, 23, a former Riverton High math teacher and basketball coach, had a relationship with a 17-year-old student at the school. She pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual battery and will be sentenced in April.
• Broch DeGraff, 29, a former Liahona Preparatory Academy soccer coach and kindergarten teacher, pleaded guilty to two counts of forcible sexual abuse and other charges in connection with sexual encounters with two female 16-year-old students. DeGraff was sentenced in April and is currently serving one to 15 years in prison.
• Gaile Supp, 25, a Clearfield High School agriculture teacher, is charged with object rape, accused of sexually abusing a 17-year old female student when the student went to her home to get help with homework. A trial is scheduled for September.
• Michael Pratt, 41, a Lone Peak High School LDS seminary principal, groomed and then had a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old seminary student. He pleaded guilty to forcible sodomy and other charges and was sentenced in 2010 to one to 15 years in prison.
• Jamie Greenwood, 45, an Eastmont Middle School lunch manager, pleaded guilty to sexually abusing one of her son's 15-year-old friends. Prosecutors said she gave the teen cash and gifts for sex acts. Greenwood was sentenced in August and is serving one to 15 years in prison.
• Jeremy Flygare, 35, a former Northridge High drama teacher, had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old female student. He pleaded guilty to two counts of forcible sex abuse and is serving one to 15 years in prison.
• Linda Richins Nef, 51, a former history teacher at Bountiful Junior High, admitted to having sex with a 13-year-old former student. She pleaded guilty to attempted aggravated sex abuse of a child and was sentenced in July 2009 to three years to life in prison and was released on parole in October of 2012.
• Valynne Bowers, 44, had an affair with a 14-year-old male student in 2009, the same student who was involved in the Nef case. The former Bountiful Junior High teacher pleaded guilty to two counts of forcible sex abuse and was sentenced in April 2011 to two consecutive terms of one to 15 years in prison.
• Andrea Billingsley, 35, a teacher's aide at West Jordan Middle School, was convicted by a jury of rape, forcible sodomy and other charges involving a boy she supervised during in-school suspension and other incidents at a nearby park with the boy and another teen. The victims were ages 15 and 16. She was sentenced in December to five years to life in prison.
• James Stokes, 65, a former drama teacher at Legacy Preparatory Academy in Woods Cross, pleaded guilty to forcible sex abuse for fondling a 14-year-old student in 2010. He was sentenced in 2011 to a year in jail.
• Kenneth William Taylor, 51, a former Roy Junior High shop teacher, groomed a 14-year-old student at the school and it escalated into sexual activity when she was 16. He pleaded guilty to three counts of unlawful sexual conduct with a 16- or 17-year-old and was sentenced in 2010 to up to five years in prison. At the time of his sentencing, the girl still believed she and Taylor would be together and would not talk to her parents.
• Brianne Land Altice, 34, a former English teacher at Davis High, is accused with having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old male student. She is charged with forcible sodomy and three counts of rape and faces a trial in May.
• Donald Bills, 54, a former Provo High teacher, is accused of "passionate" kissing, inappropriate touching and sexual activity with a 17-year-old student. He is charged with object rape, forcible sodomy and other charges. A preliminary hearing in his case has not yet been scheduled.
• Stephen Paul Niedzwiecki, 34, a former science teacher and basketball coach at Jefferson Academy in Kaysville, had a sexual relationship with a former female student when she was 15 and 16. He pleaded guilty to unlawful sexual activity with a minor and unlawful sexual conduct and will be sentenced on March 21.
• Gary Wade Brown, 47, an ex-Scout leader, sexually abused a 12-year-old Boy Scout at his home, in his car and on Scout outings. The boy told his parents about the abuse when he was 17. Brown pleaded guilty to four counts of sexual abuse of a child and was sentenced in 2009 to a year in jail.
• Kenneth William Prince, 61, a former Boy Scout leader and retired teacher at South Ogden Junior High, pleaded guilty to five counts of sexual exploitation of a minor after investigators found sexually explicit pictures of boys who knew Prince on his personal laptop. They were discovered after a man told police Prince had abused him more than a decade earlier. However, charges regarding any sexual abuse were dropped. Prince will be sentenced in March.
• Timothy William Bothell, 44, a member of an LDS stake high council in Centerville, sexually abused one girl and exposed himself to another. The girls were 11 and 13 and were friends of his family. He pleaded guilty to attempted aggravated sex abuse of a child and was sentenced in May to two years in jail but may qualify for work release after one year.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
Copyright 2015, Deseret News Publishing Company