MAGNA — A 2-year-old boy died Tuesday night after a large television fell on top of him.
The boy was at a Magna home, 2625 S. 8850 West, with his grandparents, who were in a separate room when they heard a thud from the living room. The boy was found beneath a 32-inch "tube-style" television, Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said.
The TV had fallen off a stand onto the boy, Hoyal said.
Medical crews took the boy by ambulance to Intermountain Medical Center in extremely critical condition. He was later transferred by helicopter to Primary Children's Hospital, where he died.
"Unfortunately, this situation serves as a tragic reminder for parents to be aware of heavy objects that are up on stands, making sure they're secure so they can't fall over on small children," Hoyal said.
— McKenzie Romero
Copyright 2016, Deseret News Publishing Company