For those who have ever wondered if God hears and answers prayers, a new book by Diony George might answer such questions. Sharing personal faith-filled stories, George exemplifies the statement and title, "Heaven's Just a Prayer Away" (Cedar Fort, $9.99).
As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a Utahn, George implores that no matter — or person — is too small to inquire of the Lord.
- Prayer is a gift God gave to stay near to him, even while on earth.
- Pray always for wisdom, understanding and peace and when there is nothing to do besides pray.
- God does answer prayers, but it is in his timing. "When Heavenly Father answers our prayers with a yes, we feel confident. When he answers no, we must trust he is guiding us from making mistakes. When an answer doesn't come when we want it, our faith will grow when we take accountability and act on a decision consistent with his teachings. If the decision we've made is right, we will feel good and things will fall into place. If not, he will let us know before we go too far," George explains.
- Regardless of the person or the size of the problem, God is willing and desires to help everyone.
- Prayer changes circumstances and can be an answer to someone's prayer.
"Heaven's Just a Prayer Away" is a book designed for anyone who wants to improve their faith and relationship with God, or gain a better understanding of prayer. The stories are family friendly and would be useful in discussions on prayer.
Copyright 2015, Deseret News Publishing Company