PLYMOUTH, Box Elder County — Residents here have been advised not to drink the water after E. coli was detected in the water supply.
Plymouth Mayor Hal Mason said the health department advised him Friday that E. coli, a bacteria often found in the lower intestine of warm-blooded organisms, was found in the water.
Residents have been advised to boil their water as a precaution.
In the meantime, the water system was flushed and chlorine levels were increased, Mason said. New samples were taken Friday evening, and test results will be available Saturday.
It is believed the water may have been contaminated through a break in the water line, but it is still under investigation.
Copyright 2017, Deseret News Publishing Company