WEST WENDOVER, Nev. — A teenager who went missing from West Wendover Friday is home and safe. Police say Laura Ortiz, 17, returned home after seeing media coverage of her missing persons case.
“Laura is cooperating with law enforcement as the investigation into the matter continues,” the West Wendover Police Department said in a prepared statement.
The girl's family reported her missing Saturday, saying she had been talking of leaving town with a man she knew from Facebook. They said she called them from Reno over the weekend and told them she was safe.
Police have not released the name of the man whom Ortiz was allegedly with, nor have they indicated whether he may face any criminal charges.
Copyright 2017, Deseret News Publishing Company