MURRAY — Fire crews had trouble locating an electrical fire that was hidden by false walls and false ceilings in a Murray home Wednesday night.
Fire crews were called to 4746 Box Elder St. about 7:30 p.m. and found heavy smoke pouring from the eaves in what appeared to be an attic fire, Murray deputy fire marshal Russ Groves said.
Additional units were called and firefighters eventually located and extinguished the blaze, Groves said. The home sustained about $75,000 damage.
"This house has been added on to a few times," Groves said. "It made it tricky for firefighters to gain control of this fire as fast as we would have wanted to."
One of the home's three occupants heard crackling in the walls, Groves said. The man exited the home and saw smoke coming from some of the vents in the eaves.
No one was injured in the fire.
Copyright 2017, Deseret News Publishing Company