HOOPER — A fire in a four-stall horse barn here Sunday caused between $15,000 and $20,000 in damage.
"About 50 percent of the structure will have to be rebuilt," said Weber Fire District Capt. Chuck Stokes.
No horses were in the stalls at the time and no one was injured.
The fire was reported by neighbors about 11:45 a.m. at 5300 South 4700 West. The cause was believed to be a water heater that malfunctioned, starting a part of the approximately 800-square-foot barn and its contents on fire. Between $3,000 to $5,000 worth of horse tact was damaged in the incident.
Fire crews from Weber and Roy needed about 10 minutes to bring the fire under control. No one was injured.
Copyright 2017, Deseret News Publishing Company