Quantcast

Logan Tabernacle smoke linked to fan

Published: Tuesday, Sept. 1 2015 8:44 p.m. MDT

A small number of people were in the Logan Tabernacle at the time a fire alarm went off Sunday. Officials plan to be back at the Tabernacle Monday to try and figure out why a fan malfunctioned on Sunday. (Ray Boren, Deseret News) A small number of people were in the Logan Tabernacle at the time a fire alarm went off Sunday. Officials plan to be back at the Tabernacle Monday to try and figure out why a fan malfunctioned on Sunday. (Ray Boren, Deseret News)

LOGAN — Officials plan to be back at the Logan Tabernacle Monday to try and figure out why a fan malfunctioned on Sunday.

Logan Fire Department officials say a fan that cools the pipes for the organ in the Tabernacle was not working properly on Sunday. That prompted light smoke that eventually set off the smoke detectors in the room.

A small number of people were inside at the time and the Tabernacle was evacuated. The fire department said there was no obvious damage, but an odor was left over from the smoke.

Additional information will be posted as it becomes available.

Pat Reavy

Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam

Copyright 2015, Deseret News Publishing Company