Grantsville house fire damages attic

Published: Tuesday, Oct. 13 2015 6:23 p.m. MDT

GRANTSVILLE — Crews responded to a small house fire here overnight.

The incident happened about 1 a.m. at a house that had been undergoing some remodeling, said Grantsville Fire Chief Bret Anderson.

"It's just got some old wiring that somehow crossed and created a spark and lit a little fire in the attic. So insulation was on fire," he said.

A mother and three children were able to evacuate safely. A damage estimate was not immediately available, but Anderson believed the house was still livable.

Pat Reavy

Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam

Copyright 2015, Deseret News Publishing Company