1. The weather: Tropical Storm Isaac is skirting west of Tampa but promises to drop significant rain. GOP leaders have canceled Monday convention speeches and activities.
2. Ann Romney's address originally was planned for Monday night, but no network TV coverage was scheduled on Day 1 of the convention. She will now speak Tuesday night, televised by all networks.
3. Jason Chaffetz and Mia Love: Rep. Chaffetz, R-Utah, had been scheduled to speak Monday, but that has been postponed. Love speaks at 5:55 p.m. Tuesday; her national profile is rising in her race against incumbent Rep. Jim Matheson, D-Utah.
4. BYU football vs. Mitt Romney: Romney is scheduled to speak and accept the nomination Thursday at 7:30 p.m. MST, on opening night of his alma mater's football season. BYU plays Washington State at 8:15 p.m.
5. Documentary: CNN begins its convention coverage at 6 p.m. Sunday with a 90-minute documentary, "Romney Revealed: Family, Faith, and the Road to Power," with interviews of the Romneys and their inner circle of confidants and friends.
How to view the convention:
Deseretnews.com and KSL.com will provide live video feed, highlighting speeches by Utahns. ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News Channel, PBS and C-SPAN are also live-streaming the convention online.
CNN and cable news TV outlets will be ever-present in their coverage. ABC, CBS and NBC are expected to show at least an hour of TV coverage Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in prime time.
Copyright 2017, Deseret News Publishing Company