These images show the Wilford Woodruff Nauvoo home. Because of church assignments and members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints being driven from Nauvoo, Elder Woodruff only lived in the home for several months.
His journal notes there were 14,574 bricks in the home. He saw to it that the nicer bricks were used in the front of the home; the others went to the back.
Following the Woodruffs' departure from Nauvoo, the home was occupied by other families until the 1960s.
After being acquired by Nauvoo Restoration Inc., the home underwent restoration. Since then, it has been open to the public with site missionaries hosting tours.
Woodruff, who later served as the fourth president of the LDS Church, issued the Manifesto in 1890 and dedicated the Salt Lake Temple.
Copyright 2017, Deseret News Publishing Company