FARMINGTON — A 2-year-old girl died early Wednesday after becoming stuck in her bunk bed.
The girl's parents found her around 8:30 a.m., Farmington Police Chief Wayne Hansen said. The girl did not share the room with any of her siblings.
"It was a small, confined space and her neck and arm got wedged in there," Hansen said.
The girl is believed to have died of positional asphyxia, police said. It does not appear that there was any sort of fault with the bed.
"It's just a terrible tragedy," the chief said.
Police did not identify the child or give the address of the home.
Copyright 2015, Deseret News Publishing Company