1. Prepare QB Max Hall for his first college start Hall shot out of the chute and leads the MWC in passing (329 ypg) and total offense (330 ypg).
2. Find a field corner Kayle Buchanan has filled in adequately, starting every game.
3. Shore up the kicking game Kickoff length remains a challenge, and Mitch Payne has only four field goals, last in the league.
4. Replace TEs Jonny Harline and Daniel Coats Dennis Pitta is fourth in the MWC in receiving and has 41 receptions and three touchdowns.
5. Start fast No change from a year ago at 4-2 overall and 3-0 in MWC.
5 ISSUES FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON
1. Ball security The Cougars must cut down on interceptions and fumbles.
2. Protecting the QB Hall is taking too many blindside hits.
3. Better decisionmaking Especially by the QB in the passing game when in scoring position.
4. Establish a run game consistently A rushing attack will take pressure off the QB.
5. Special teams Improve PAT and field-goal kicking consistency.
Copyright 2017, Deseret News Publishing Company