The Weber County Sheriff's Department says an 8-year-old boy apparently died from carbon monoxide poisoning while taking a shower.
Todd L. Sorensen, son of Clifford and Jennifer Sorensen, was found collapsed on the floor of the home's separate shower building Saturday.Sorensen's 10-year-old brother, Chad, found him at 8:30 p.m. and called his parents. The boys' mother gave Todd cardiopulmonary resuscitation until emergency crews arrived, but efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Sheriff's investigators said the boy had been told by his parents to take a shower half an hour earlier.
The shower building is heated by propane, and sheriff's investigators speculated that the boy was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes from the heater. An analysis of the boy's blood found a 45 percent saturation level of carbon monoxide.
Copyright 2015, Deseret News Publishing Company