Free performance of Eric Tingsted & Nancy Rumbel, 7 p.m., North Park, 500 N. 500 West, Provo. Families can bring a picnic, blankets and chairs. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The America's Freedom Festival at Provo Junior Golf Classic, Cascade Golf Center, 1313 E. 850 North. Morning flight check-in is at 7 a.m. The shotgun start is at 8 a.m. Afternoon flight check-in, lunch and putting tournament is at noon. The shotgun start begins at 1:30. Call 225-6677 for information.
"Canopy Capers" noontime story, Provo City Library. Children are invited to bring a lunch and hear stories outside on the south lawn. Call 852-6682 for more information.
Performance of "Henry V" by BYU's Young Company Shakespeare Troupe, 11:15 a.m., Orem Library, 58 N. State. Children 5 and up can help act out the play. There is no cost. Call 229-7161 for more information.
The annual America's Freedom Festival at Provo Awards Gala, 6:30 p.m. BYU Wilkinson Center ballroom. Tickets are $40 for dinner, entertainment and the presentation of the 2003 Freedom Awards. Tickets can be purchased at BYU Marriott Center Ticket Office, 378-2981.
Hot air balloon will launch at Fox Field, 1100 N. Freedom Blvd., Provo Launch time is 6:30 a.m. Attendance is free. The Provo Kiwanis will serve a pancake breakfast at the southwest corner of the field each day from 7 to 10 a.m. Cost is $5 for 12-and-up and $2.50 for children.
Festival softball tournament, Footprinter's softball complex, 1250 W. 1150 South, Provo. Play times: July 3, 6 to 10 p.m., July 4, 10 to 6 p.m. and July 5, 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
America's Freedom Festival at Provo's Grand Parade, 9 a.m. Starts at 960 N. University Ave., and proceeds south to 900 E. Center Street.
St. Mary's Episcopal Church, 50 W. 200 North, hosts the third annual Children's Balloon Fest, 9 a.m. Children will be given free balloons. Ice water will be available after the parade.
Freedom Run, 7 a.m. Participants can choose a 10K, 5K or one-mile run from Kiwanis Park, 820 N. 1100 East, Provo. Call 370-8052 for info.
Stadium of Fire, 8 p.m., LaVell Edwards Football Stadium, BYU.
Fireworks, 10 p.m., Electric Park, Thanksgiving Point in Lehi.
Young Living Heritage Park in Mona (3700 North Highway 91 will have jousting tournaments, medieval food, dancing, games and a variety of activities. Call 1-800-371-0819 for information.
Performances of "Possum City, USA," Valley Center Playhouse, through Aug. 4, 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays, The playhouse is at 780 N. 200 East, Lindon. Tickets are $5-$25. Call 785-1186 for reservations.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 65
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 23
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18