Salimu Auvaa Aiono, age 30, and Matina Aiono, age 34, died April 16, 1990 in West Valley City.
Salimu was born September 19, 1959 in Salimu, Western Samoa, a daughter of Iafeta and Taafulisia Seiuli Auvaa. Matina was born June 18, 1956 in Matootua, Western Samoa, a son of Oliva and Saua Semu Aiono. They were married in 1981 in Los Angeles, California. Marriage later solemnized in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Matina was an employee of Won-Door and liked sports. Survived by their two sons and three daughters, Milton Sama, Matina, Jr., Jennifer Sia, Alysha Saua, Misimua Nyla, all of West Valley.Salimu is survived by parents, West Valley; grandmother, Sofaea Tuialii, Western, Samoa; eight brothers, Misiauro, II, SaFaatoa, Aleni, Aleka, Iafeta, Jr., Safaatoa, Jr., Llewellen, all of West Valley; Hipa, New Zealand; five sisters, Mrs. Llewellen (Makerita) Tritt, Mrs. Sione (Fetineiai) Vineula, Saletagaloa Auvaa, all of New Zealand; Mrs. Peter (Faaloloi) Mailo, Hawaii; Caroline Auvaa, West Valley. Preceded in death by a brother, Misiauro, I.
Matina is survived by parents, Western Samoa; grandfather, Lulualii Aiono, Western Samoa; four brothers, Uiliata, Pesi Semu, both West Valley; Lulualii, American Samoa; Omani Aiono, Western Samoa; four sisters, Mrs. Nofo Seti (Olini) Matua, Kearns; Mrs. Seminale (Sofaronia) Fepuleai, New Zealand; Mrs. Motuai (Uanita) Faamoe, California; Leone Aiono, Western Samoa.
Funeral services for Salimu will be held Sunday, 7 p.m., and Monday 10 a.m., at Granger West Stake Center, 3901 West 2925 South, where friends may call Sunday and Monday, one hour prior to service time. Interment, Valley View Memorial Park.
T 4/22 N3 4/22
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- 3 'scary' medical problems for kids
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 105
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 96
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 42
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 31
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 17