Lois Oldham Young, age 85, passed away May 17, 2003 in Draper, Utah.
She was born February 20, 1918 in Jerome, Idaho to Lloyd and Lydia Oldham. She married Seth Hagman Young on January 17, 1940 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He preceded her in death on July 8, 1998.
Lois was a devoted wife, mother and grandmother, and faithful member and member missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She loved her husband, family and church beyond measure. Being raised on a farm, she learned the principles of dedication and hard work and applied those principles in taking care of her family. She was a happy soul, always humming and singing her favorite church hymns.
Lois is survived by her six children: Roger, Judy (Brent) Halversen, Catherine (Jim) Mansfield, Betty (Richard) Swenson, Robert (Shelly) and Richard (Patricia); 23 grandchildren and 28 great grandchildren. Also two sisters Ruth (Bus) Ludlow and Irene (Farris) Morrison; brother Dale (Nelva) Oldham and many nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Friday, May 23, 2003, 1 p.m., at Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, where friends may visit Thursday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. and one hour prior to the service on Friday. Interment: Salt Lake City Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her name to the LDS Genealogy Society and/or LDS Missionary Fund.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26