Lois Oldham Young, age 85, passed away May 17, 2003 in Draper, Utah.
She was born February 20, 1918 in Jerome, Idaho to Lloyd and Lydia Oldham. She married Seth Hagman Young on January 17, 1940 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He preceded her in death on July 8, 1998.
Lois was a devoted wife, mother and grandmother, and faithful member and member missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She loved her husband, family and church beyond measure. Being raised on a farm, she learned the principles of dedication and hard work and applied those principles in taking care of her family. She was a happy soul, always humming and singing her favorite church hymns.
Lois is survived by her six children: Roger, Judy (Brent) Halversen, Catherine (Jim) Mansfield, Betty (Richard) Swenson, Robert (Shelly) and Richard (Patricia); 23 grandchildren and 28 great grandchildren. Also two sisters Ruth (Bus) Ludlow and Irene (Farris) Morrison; brother Dale (Nelva) Oldham and many nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Friday, May 23, 2003, 1 p.m., at Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, where friends may visit Thursday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. and one hour prior to the service on Friday. Interment: Salt Lake City Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her name to the LDS Genealogy Society and/or LDS Missionary Fund.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17