Lois Oldham Young, age 85, passed away May 17, 2003 in Draper, Utah.
She was born February 20, 1918 in Jerome, Idaho to Lloyd and Lydia Oldham. She married Seth Hagman Young on January 17, 1940 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He preceded her in death on July 8, 1998.
Lois was a devoted wife, mother and grandmother, and faithful member and member missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She loved her husband, family and church beyond measure. Being raised on a farm, she learned the principles of dedication and hard work and applied those principles in taking care of her family. She was a happy soul, always humming and singing her favorite church hymns.
Lois is survived by her six children: Roger, Judy (Brent) Halversen, Catherine (Jim) Mansfield, Betty (Richard) Swenson, Robert (Shelly) and Richard (Patricia); 23 grandchildren and 28 great grandchildren. Also two sisters Ruth (Bus) Ludlow and Irene (Farris) Morrison; brother Dale (Nelva) Oldham and many nieces and nephews.
Funeral services will be held Friday, May 23, 2003, 1 p.m., at Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, where friends may visit Thursday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. and one hour prior to the service on Friday. Interment: Salt Lake City Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her name to the LDS Genealogy Society and/or LDS Missionary Fund.
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- Educators call for funding, legislation to...
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Doug Robinson: Managing a delicate balance
- Washington Terrace woman found dead, 2 in...
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 267
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 20
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 17