10/20/1934 ~ 4/4/2003
Marilyn Joy Kertamus Crisp, 68, Corpus Christi, Texas, passed away April 4, 2003 following a short illness.
She was born in Murray, UT, Oct 20, 1934 to Ruby and John Kertamus. After meeting her husband of 40 years, Paul, she escaped the snow of Utah and relocated to Corpus Christi. She worked for the Census Bureau, but her most important occupation was a loving wife, mother and friend. She enjoyed family gatherings where she would prepare the most wonderful feasts for all to enjoy. Her cooking was from the heart, and when you ate one of her meals you knew you were loved. Family was everything to her and she was everything to her family. She was the kindest, most wonderful "Mimi" and will be terribly missed by all who loved her.
She is survived by her husband, Paul Crisp; children and their spouses, Rick D. and Margy Crisp, Annaville, Vickie J. and Jack Cotton, Houston, Paula J. Crisp, Austin; six grandchildren, Rachael Richardson, Andrew Crisp, Broken Arrow, OK, Sharlie Waller, Kayla Hall, Houston, Jamie Smith, Conroe, Gregg Cotton, Lake Charles, LA; two great-grandchildren, Braden Richardson, Broken Arrow, OK, Lee Smith, Conroe; three brothers and their spouses, Norbert and Joan Kertamus, Sandy, UT, Rodger and Betty Kertamus, Murray, UT, Joel and Shauna Kertamus, Grantsville, UT; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Howard and Ann Crisp, Louisville, KY; numerous nieces, nephews and many good friends.
Services will be 3 p.m. Cage-Mills Everhart Chapel, 4901 Everhart, Corpus Christi, TX. Burial, Seaside Memorial Park. Pallbearers are Ray Boutwell, Bobby Chandler, Jack Cotton, Thomas Davis, Ramiro De Los Santos and Danny Torres.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests that donations be made to your favorite charity in Marilyn's name, or for suggestions, contact the family.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage' behind...
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 125
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 27
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14