10/20/1934 ~ 4/4/2003
Marilyn Joy Kertamus Crisp, 68, Corpus Christi, Texas, passed away April 4, 2003 following a short illness.
She was born in Murray, UT, Oct 20, 1934 to Ruby and John Kertamus. After meeting her husband of 40 years, Paul, she escaped the snow of Utah and relocated to Corpus Christi. She worked for the Census Bureau, but her most important occupation was a loving wife, mother and friend. She enjoyed family gatherings where she would prepare the most wonderful feasts for all to enjoy. Her cooking was from the heart, and when you ate one of her meals you knew you were loved. Family was everything to her and she was everything to her family. She was the kindest, most wonderful "Mimi" and will be terribly missed by all who loved her.
She is survived by her husband, Paul Crisp; children and their spouses, Rick D. and Margy Crisp, Annaville, Vickie J. and Jack Cotton, Houston, Paula J. Crisp, Austin; six grandchildren, Rachael Richardson, Andrew Crisp, Broken Arrow, OK, Sharlie Waller, Kayla Hall, Houston, Jamie Smith, Conroe, Gregg Cotton, Lake Charles, LA; two great-grandchildren, Braden Richardson, Broken Arrow, OK, Lee Smith, Conroe; three brothers and their spouses, Norbert and Joan Kertamus, Sandy, UT, Rodger and Betty Kertamus, Murray, UT, Joel and Shauna Kertamus, Grantsville, UT; brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Howard and Ann Crisp, Louisville, KY; numerous nieces, nephews and many good friends.
Services will be 3 p.m. Cage-Mills Everhart Chapel, 4901 Everhart, Corpus Christi, TX. Burial, Seaside Memorial Park. Pallbearers are Ray Boutwell, Bobby Chandler, Jack Cotton, Thomas Davis, Ramiro De Los Santos and Danny Torres.
In lieu of flowers, the family suggests that donations be made to your favorite charity in Marilyn's name, or for suggestions, contact the family.
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- Former top deputy in Utah attorney general...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 91
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 18
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 18
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911... 11