LeRoy McCarrel, age 92, passed away peacefully at his Glendale, AZ home Feb 28, 2003.
LeRoy was born in Park City, UT sept. 1, 1910 to George Theodore McCarrel and Verlia Mae McNaughton McCarrel. He married Rose Costanzo, the love of his life, May 10, 1937 in SLC, UT.
LeRoy was a retired Naval officer, the recipient o
f many commendations and medals for his bravery and service during World War II. He was also retired from the Salt Lake Tribune, Newspaper Agency Corporation where he used his artistic talent as an illustrator, and is favorite descriptive word, "scrum!"
Roy will long be remembered for his art work, and unmistakable humor and laughter.
He leaves behind this sisters, Bessie C. Hansen, Audrey J. Fullmer (David); many nieces and nephews. Roy is preceded in death by his wife, Rose; brother, Clifford McCarrel; sister, Ione McCarrel (Giles); brother-in-law, Willis I. Hansen; and sister-in-law, Annie McCarrel.
Services took place at Chapel of the Chimes, Glendale, AZ March 6, 2003. Final resting place, MT. Olivet Cemetery, SLC, UT.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23