LeRoy McCarrel, age 92, passed away peacefully at his Glendale, AZ home Feb 28, 2003.
LeRoy was born in Park City, UT sept. 1, 1910 to George Theodore McCarrel and Verlia Mae McNaughton McCarrel. He married Rose Costanzo, the love of his life, May 10, 1937 in SLC, UT.
LeRoy was a retired Naval officer, the recipient o
f many commendations and medals for his bravery and service during World War II. He was also retired from the Salt Lake Tribune, Newspaper Agency Corporation where he used his artistic talent as an illustrator, and is favorite descriptive word, "scrum!"
Roy will long be remembered for his art work, and unmistakable humor and laughter.
He leaves behind this sisters, Bessie C. Hansen, Audrey J. Fullmer (David); many nieces and nephews. Roy is preceded in death by his wife, Rose; brother, Clifford McCarrel; sister, Ione McCarrel (Giles); brother-in-law, Willis I. Hansen; and sister-in-law, Annie McCarrel.
Services took place at Chapel of the Chimes, Glendale, AZ March 6, 2003. Final resting place, MT. Olivet Cemetery, SLC, UT.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14