LeRoy McCarrel, age 92, passed away peacefully at his Glendale, AZ home Feb 28, 2003.
LeRoy was born in Park City, UT sept. 1, 1910 to George Theodore McCarrel and Verlia Mae McNaughton McCarrel. He married Rose Costanzo, the love of his life, May 10, 1937 in SLC, UT.
LeRoy was a retired Naval officer, the recipient o
f many commendations and medals for his bravery and service during World War II. He was also retired from the Salt Lake Tribune, Newspaper Agency Corporation where he used his artistic talent as an illustrator, and is favorite descriptive word, "scrum!"
Roy will long be remembered for his art work, and unmistakable humor and laughter.
He leaves behind this sisters, Bessie C. Hansen, Audrey J. Fullmer (David); many nieces and nephews. Roy is preceded in death by his wife, Rose; brother, Clifford McCarrel; sister, Ione McCarrel (Giles); brother-in-law, Willis I. Hansen; and sister-in-law, Annie McCarrel.
Services took place at Chapel of the Chimes, Glendale, AZ March 6, 2003. Final resting place, MT. Olivet Cemetery, SLC, UT.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 33
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 21
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 12
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 11