LeRoy McCarrel, age 92, passed away peacefully at his Glendale, AZ home Feb 28, 2003.
LeRoy was born in Park City, UT sept. 1, 1910 to George Theodore McCarrel and Verlia Mae McNaughton McCarrel. He married Rose Costanzo, the love of his life, May 10, 1937 in SLC, UT.
LeRoy was a retired Naval officer, the recipient o
f many commendations and medals for his bravery and service during World War II. He was also retired from the Salt Lake Tribune, Newspaper Agency Corporation where he used his artistic talent as an illustrator, and is favorite descriptive word, "scrum!"
Roy will long be remembered for his art work, and unmistakable humor and laughter.
He leaves behind this sisters, Bessie C. Hansen, Audrey J. Fullmer (David); many nieces and nephews. Roy is preceded in death by his wife, Rose; brother, Clifford McCarrel; sister, Ione McCarrel (Giles); brother-in-law, Willis I. Hansen; and sister-in-law, Annie McCarrel.
Services took place at Chapel of the Chimes, Glendale, AZ March 6, 2003. Final resting place, MT. Olivet Cemetery, SLC, UT.
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Got an emergency? You can now text 911 in 3...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10