LeRoy McCarrel, age 92, passed away peacefully at his Glendale, AZ home Feb 28, 2003.
LeRoy was born in Park City, UT sept. 1, 1910 to George Theodore McCarrel and Verlia Mae McNaughton McCarrel. He married Rose Costanzo, the love of his life, May 10, 1937 in SLC, UT.
LeRoy was a retired Naval officer, the recipient o
f many commendations and medals for his bravery and service during World War II. He was also retired from the Salt Lake Tribune, Newspaper Agency Corporation where he used his artistic talent as an illustrator, and is favorite descriptive word, "scrum!"
Roy will long be remembered for his art work, and unmistakable humor and laughter.
He leaves behind this sisters, Bessie C. Hansen, Audrey J. Fullmer (David); many nieces and nephews. Roy is preceded in death by his wife, Rose; brother, Clifford McCarrel; sister, Ione McCarrel (Giles); brother-in-law, Willis I. Hansen; and sister-in-law, Annie McCarrel.
Services took place at Chapel of the Chimes, Glendale, AZ March 6, 2003. Final resting place, MT. Olivet Cemetery, SLC, UT.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 39
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9