CLEVELAND The scene was all too familiar to the Utah Grizzlies Sunday afternoon.
They fell behind by three goals in the first period against Cleveland and appeared headed to their seventh straight loss.
Then the Grizzlies rattled off five straight goals en route to a 5-4 win over the Cleveland Barons.
The Barons jumped all over the Grizzlies early as Keith McCambridge blasted shots from the point that created chances for the Barons against Corey Hirsch. Jeff Nelson and Eric LaPlante were the recipients of the goals, giving Cleveland a 2-0 lead. Willie Levesque scored his first goal of the season after miscommunication between Hirsch and John Erskine behind the net gave Cleveland the 3-0 lead after one period.
Utah came back strong with a three-goal second period, started off by a hard-working goal by Mark Wotton, his eighth of the season. Jeff Bateman was credited for a goal 15 seconds later as Bubba Berenzweig aimed a pass through the crease that hit Bateman's skate and deflected into the net. Eric Landry tied it later in the period with his 24th goal of the season.
The Grizzlies took the lead in the third period on a power play goal by Marc-Andre Thinel at the 57-second mark. Berenzweig scored his ninth goal of the season midway through the period, giving the Grizzlies a 5-3 lead. Miroslav Zalesak added a late goal for Cleveland.
Cleveland outshot Utah 36-27, but the comeback for Utah salvaged a nightmare of a road trip that finished with Utah going 1-4-0-1.
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 46
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27