5/4/27 ~ 1/25/03
Virginia Marie Carlisle Morgan passed away January 25, 2003 peacefully at St. Mark's Hospital from complications of surgery.
Virginia was born May 4, 1927 to Samuel and Lillian Gulbrandsen Carlisle. She attended public schools in the Salt Lake area graduating from South High. She married George William Morgan, Jr. Sept 25, 1946 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple.
Virginia was an active member of the LDS Church and served faithfully in all of her callings. Mom served in all auxiliary organizations as a teacher, a member of the presidency, and president of the Relief Society and Primary organizations. She served as organist for Parleys 2nd Ward for 45 continuous years bringing much joy in her life and those of others with her talents in music. She worked in the baptistry at the Salt Lake Temple for several years. Mom was active in civic affairs as well as the PTA. She retired from the American Cancer Society.
Survived by her sons and daughter, Ron, Sandy (Corey) Cummings, David (Michelle), Mike (Becky), Jim (Allison), all of Salt Lake; she took great joy in her grandchildren, Morgan (Kathleen), Shellyann, Jay, Andrew, Callie, Brock, Cole, Jenna, Cameron, Shawn, Kayley; great-grandchild, Hazel; two sisters, Janet (Glade) Gerber, Lil (Norman) Johnson; brother-in-law, Larry (Elizabeth) Morgan; and sister-in-law, Arline Morgan.
Services will be Tues. Jan 28, 2003, 12 noon, Parley's LDS 2nd Ward Chapel, 1870 E. Parleys Canyon Blvd, (2300 S). Friends may call at the Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, Mon. 6-8 p.m. and at the church one hour prior to services. Interment, Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14