7/17/47 ~ 1/12/03
My beloved Dad, best friend, comedian and teacher passed away at the age of 55 on January 12, 2003 after a courageous battle with leukemia.
He was a remarkable man to all who came in contact with him. He could always make you laugh or make you think about something really hard and in-depth. He was my best friend, the one I could always talk to about anything. He is going to be missed so very much. He said he was going to be my guardian angel and always watch and protect me.
He was born July 17, 1947 in Newport News, Virginia to Esperance Mary Butler and Carl James Sutterfield who both preceded him in death. He was also preceded in death by a stepson, Jeffrey Douglas Rasmussen. He is survived by his daughter Esperance Whitney Sutterfield.
I would like to express my appreciation to his doctors and nurses who worked so hard to keep him here with me and to his co-workers at Weber Human Services who showed such love and compassion to the very end.
He was a Psychotherapist and loved by all of his patients. He understood things in a way no others could and this is why he is so special. He served his nation in the United States Marines during the Vietnam conflict.
I will always love and care for you, FOREVER. You are in my daily prayers and thoughts, and will always be remembered as the Best Person Ever. I love you so much, watch over me. BEST DADDY IN THE WORLD. Your Greatest Fan - Pumpkin.
Mass of Christian Burial will be held Thursday January 16th at the Cathedral Of The Madeleine 331 East South Temple at 10:00 a.m. There will be a viewing Wednesday evening from 68 p.m. at the Lindquist Layton Mortuary 1867 North Fairfield Road Layton. Interment at the Mt. Calvary Cemetery. Funeral Directors Evans & Early Mortuary a Dignity Memorial Provider. Send condolences to WWW.MeM.com
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 27
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14