7/17/47 ~ 1/12/03
My beloved Dad, best friend, comedian and teacher passed away at the age of 55 on January 12, 2003 after a courageous battle with leukemia.
He was a remarkable man to all who came in contact with him. He could always make you laugh or make you think about something really hard and in-depth. He was my best friend, the one I could always talk to about anything. He is going to be missed so very much. He said he was going to be my guardian angel and always watch and protect me.
He was born July 17, 1947 in Newport News, Virginia to Esperance Mary Butler and Carl James Sutterfield who both preceded him in death. He was also preceded in death by a stepson, Jeffrey Douglas Rasmussen. He is survived by his daughter Esperance Whitney Sutterfield.
I would like to express my appreciation to his doctors and nurses who worked so hard to keep him here with me and to his co-workers at Weber Human Services who showed such love and compassion to the very end.
He was a Psychotherapist and loved by all of his patients. He understood things in a way no others could and this is why he is so special. He served his nation in the United States Marines during the Vietnam conflict.
I will always love and care for you, FOREVER. You are in my daily prayers and thoughts, and will always be remembered as the Best Person Ever. I love you so much, watch over me. BEST DADDY IN THE WORLD. Your Greatest Fan - Pumpkin.
Mass of Christian Burial will be held Thursday January 16th at the Cathedral Of The Madeleine 331 East South Temple at 10:00 a.m. There will be a viewing Wednesday evening from 68 p.m. at the Lindquist Layton Mortuary 1867 North Fairfield Road Layton. Interment at the Mt. Calvary Cemetery. Funeral Directors Evans & Early Mortuary a Dignity Memorial Provider. Send condolences to WWW.MeM.com
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Canceled Utah race renews fears of shrinking...
- Is report on building prison in Draper...
- About Utah: Thousands served by one good idea
- Doug Robinson: Gifts of life bring joy to 2...
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 84
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 52
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 49
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 49
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 31
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 22
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 15
- Mural on side of restaurant violates... 12