Ronald Manfred Wood, age 39, beloved husband, son, brother and friend, was tragically taken away from us November 18, 2002 while in the line of duty as a police officer in West Jordan, Utah.
Born June 12, 1963 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Blair and Birgitta Sjoberg Wood. Married his sweetheart, Lourie E. Pulido, May 8, 2001. Ron graduated from Granger High School. He served an honorable LDS mission in Pittsburgh, PA. Ron was a dedicated police officer in West Jordan and loved his job. He and Lourie loved to travel. Lourie was a devoted wife and Ron loved her deeply. He enjoyed sports, especially volleyball, water skiing, softball and motorcycling. He lived a life of service at work and especially at home.
Ron was born with a protective gene and was always concerned for his family's safety. His greatest joy was being with his family.
"We love you, Ron...We miss you."
Survived by wife, Lourie; parents; sisters, DeAnn (Brian) Bawden, Rebecca (Kelley) Haggard and Jennifer (Ryan) Wiechman; brother, Marlan (Joanna) Wood; three nephews; four nieces.
The family expresses our sincere appreciation to the West Jordan Police Dept., the community and the press for their thoughtfulness and support.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, November 23, 2002, 11:00 a.m. at Copper Hills High School, 5445 West New Bingham Hwy. Family and friends may call Friday, 5-8 p.m. at the Welby Stake Center, 8841 South 4800 West and Saturday at Copper Hills High School, 9:30-10:45 a.m. Interment, West Jordan City Cemetery. Funeral directors, McDougal Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Ronald M. Wood Memorial Fund at any Zions Bank.
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex parents...
- Several national parks vandalized, including...
- District attorney asks A.G. to consider...
- Two killed in high-speed, fiery crash into...
- 2 hospitalized after 6-car pileup in Centerville
- National Guard, DPS weigh possible...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 126
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 97
- Stay lifted on adoptions by same-sex... 75
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 61
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 45
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 34
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 31
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19