Ronald Manfred Wood, age 39, beloved husband, son, brother and friend, was tragically taken away from us November 18, 2002 while in the line of duty as a police officer in West Jordan, Utah.
Born June 12, 1963 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Blair and Birgitta Sjoberg Wood. Married his sweetheart, Lourie E. Pulido, May 8, 2001. Ron graduated from Granger High School. He served an honorable LDS mission in Pittsburgh, PA. Ron was a dedicated police officer in West Jordan and loved his job. He and Lourie loved to travel. Lourie was a devoted wife and Ron loved her deeply. He enjoyed sports, especially volleyball, water skiing, softball and motorcycling. He lived a life of service at work and especially at home.
Ron was born with a protective gene and was always concerned for his family's safety. His greatest joy was being with his family.
"We love you, Ron...We miss you."
Survived by wife, Lourie; parents; sisters, DeAnn (Brian) Bawden, Rebecca (Kelley) Haggard and Jennifer (Ryan) Wiechman; brother, Marlan (Joanna) Wood; three nephews; four nieces.
The family expresses our sincere appreciation to the West Jordan Police Dept., the community and the press for their thoughtfulness and support.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, November 23, 2002, 11:00 a.m. at Copper Hills High School, 5445 West New Bingham Hwy. Family and friends may call Friday, 5-8 p.m. at the Welby Stake Center, 8841 South 4800 West and Saturday at Copper Hills High School, 9:30-10:45 a.m. Interment, West Jordan City Cemetery. Funeral directors, McDougal Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the Ronald M. Wood Memorial Fund at any Zions Bank.
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15