PANGUITCH, UTAH - Henry Franklin Orton, 92, of Panguitch, Utah, passed away Oct. 21, 2002 in Panguitch.
He was born Feb. 26, 1910 in Panguitch to Henry Saddler and Mary Elizabeth Linford Orton. He married Gwen Riggs, July 6, 1932 in the Manti LDS Temple, she preceded him in death February 25, 1988.
Active in the LDS Church, his callings include member of the Panguitch North Ward Bishopric, Panguitch Stake Presidency; well know for his success in working with and bringing into activity adult members of the Aaronic Priesthood and their families; generously supported, financially, several full-time missionaries and others who were in need.
He was the General Chairman of the July 24th Panguitch Homecoming Celebration for many years; owner /operator, with brother-in-law, Jay A. Riggs, of Service Cash Store, later known as A.G. Service Cash Market in Panguitch from 1938 to 1976; member of the Panguitch City Council; owner/operator of Black Angus Cattle Ranch in Panguitch; President, West Panguitch Irrigation and Reservoir Company; Governing Board, Farmer's Home Administration; perhaps his most noteworthy attribute was his love of and service to God, family and fellowmen.
Survived by children: Elder Robert F. (Joy) Orton, Moscow, Russia; Gloria O. (Bob) Dickinson, Richfield, Utah; John H. (Carol) Orton and Sherrie O. (Rick) Burningham, both of Panguitch, Utah; 24 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; sisters, Lola O. Farnsworth of St. George, UT; Merle O. Errett of Burbank, CA; Emma Dee O. (Bob) Houston of Kanab, UT.
He is preceded in death by his beloved wife, Gwen; mother and father; brothers, Max, Rex, Preston Dee, Linford and Cecil Orton; sister, Hilda O. Chidester.
Funeral services will be held on on Saturday, October 26, 2002, at 1:00 p.m., at the Panguitch 2nd/3rd Wards Chapel. Friends may call at the family home, 259 East Center St., from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. on Friday and at the ward chapel on Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Burial will be in the Panguitch Cemetery. Funeral Directors, Neal S. Magleby & Sons Mortuary, Richfield, UT.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 38
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9