Grandford Earl Hansen age 69, of Portland, OR, passed away Thursday, October 3, 2002 in a Portland Hospital due to lung complications.
Earl was born in Fairview, UT May 30, 1933 to Grandford G. and Madora Lund Hansen. He was educated in Fair-view, UT, where he graduated from North Sanpete High School in Mt. Pleasant, UT. He worked as a chef at Bryce Canyon Lodge and Sun Valley, ID. He was later drafted in 1953 for the Korean War and served in Germany for two years. He was married to Maxine Bowman in St. George, Utah who was the mother of their children. They later divorced. After he returned from the military service he worked in Construction in Salt Lake City, then he moved to Oregon where he was employed as a long haul driver for the C.F. Freight Ways. He also worked for other various construction firms. He was an avid fisherman and golfer and loved the outdoors. He belonged to the Teamsters Union, Elks Lodge, American Legion and the Lion's Club. He was also a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was very cordial and happy and had many friends.
Survivors include his wife, Tootsie, of Portland, OR; daughters, Lynda Chris-tensen, Copperton, UT, Christine Davis, Fort Worth, TX, Patty Ann Hansen, West Valley City, UT; son, Craig E. Hansen, Sandy, UT; brothers and sisters, Don A. Hansen, West Jordan, UT, Juanita Ann Hansen O'Brien, Salt Lake City, Ramona Dixon, Sandy, Larry Lund Hansen, So. Jordan; seven grandchildren; 16 nieces and nephews. Preceded in death by his parents.
A graveside service will be Wed. Oct 9, 2002, Fairview City Cemetery, Fairview, UT 12 p.m. Friends may call Tues. 7-8:30 p.m., Holbrook Mortuary, 3251 S. 2300 E, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12