Donald T. Jensen, the state climatologist, has calculated the average date of the fall's first freeze throughout Utah. A sampling of some areas, with average number of freeze-free days in parentheses, follows.
- Farmington, Oct. 10 (162)
- Heber City, Sept. 6 (87)
- Logan at USU, Oct. 10 (159)
- Moab, Oct. 16 (186)
- Ogden at Pioneer Playhouse, Oct. 13 (165)
- Provo at BYU, Oct. 16 (178)
- Salt Lake City, NWS forecast office, Oct. 16 (176)
- St. George, Oct. 28 (210)
- Tooele, Oct. 14 (164)
What You May Have Missed
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds, high...
- Man fighting for custody of daughter may get...
- Police identify body found on Ben Lomond...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of conducting...
- 13 of the best 'No Shave November' mustaches...
- Police open homicide investigation after man...
- S.L. Comic Con founders report progress in...
- 5 Utah E. coli cases linked to Costco chicken...
- 200 gather at Utah Capitol in support... 43
- U. professor, students call on SCOTUS... 29
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 28
- Anatomy of a trip: The Utah-Switzerland... 22
- Former Gov. Leavitt warns action needed... 19
- Census: Utah has youngest newlyweds,... 16
- Longtime Salt Lake County Councilman... 15
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15