Donald T. Jensen, the state climatologist, has calculated the average date of the fall's first freeze throughout Utah. A sampling of some areas, with average number of freeze-free days in parentheses, follows.
- Farmington, Oct. 10 (162)
- Heber City, Sept. 6 (87)
- Logan at USU, Oct. 10 (159)
- Moab, Oct. 16 (186)
- Ogden at Pioneer Playhouse, Oct. 13 (165)
- Provo at BYU, Oct. 16 (178)
- Salt Lake City, NWS forecast office, Oct. 16 (176)
- St. George, Oct. 28 (210)
- Tooele, Oct. 14 (164)
What You May Have Missed
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17