Donald T. Jensen, the state climatologist, has calculated the average date of the fall's first freeze throughout Utah. A sampling of some areas, with average number of freeze-free days in parentheses, follows.
- Farmington, Oct. 10 (162)
- Heber City, Sept. 6 (87)
- Logan at USU, Oct. 10 (159)
- Moab, Oct. 16 (186)
- Ogden at Pioneer Playhouse, Oct. 13 (165)
- Provo at BYU, Oct. 16 (178)
- Salt Lake City, NWS forecast office, Oct. 16 (176)
- St. George, Oct. 28 (210)
- Tooele, Oct. 14 (164)
What You May Have Missed
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other elected...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 66
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- Do Utah high school students need four... 26
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 19
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive... 12
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10