Donald T. Jensen, the state climatologist, has calculated the average date of the fall's first freeze throughout Utah. A sampling of some areas, with average number of freeze-free days in parentheses, follows.
- Farmington, Oct. 10 (162)
- Heber City, Sept. 6 (87)
- Logan at USU, Oct. 10 (159)
- Moab, Oct. 16 (186)
- Ogden at Pioneer Playhouse, Oct. 13 (165)
- Provo at BYU, Oct. 16 (178)
- Salt Lake City, NWS forecast office, Oct. 16 (176)
- St. George, Oct. 28 (210)
- Tooele, Oct. 14 (164)
What You May Have Missed
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental shooting...
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 20-year-old woman killed after car veers off...
- Skiers celebrate snow and opening of Park...
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with police...
- Alcohol use suspected in Uintah County crash...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 56
- Executive action brings 'temporary... 48
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Groups petition for gun bans from... 28
- Teen in Springville family found dead... 18
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Firing squads could be legal again in Utah 16