Les was born Jan 10, 1942 in Provo, UT to Loey and Donna Meiling Newren. He passed away July 25, 2002 of a heart attack in Hermitage, TN.
At an early age he began working at the gas station with his father, and continued to work hard the remainder of his life. He was one of the first Eagle scouts in the McKinley Ward and Templeview Stake. He graduated from South High School in 1960 after which, he joined the National Guard. He continued his service to his country throughout his life, ending his military career in the Army Reserve as a master ser-geant.
Les loved cars and enjoyed racing at the fair grounds and Bonneville raceway early in life and was a member of SLVRA where he was known as "Deputy Dawg." He cherished his Corvette and was a member of the Corvette Club. He joined the Salt Lake County Sheriffs office in 1965. While he loved his work there, he retired in 1997 but found a new home with Southwest Airlines, where he worked until the time of his death.
Married Carolyn Keller 1962, divorced. Married Julie Morgan 1975. He was preceded in death by his sons, Burke and Dennis, mother, Donna, and brother, Russell. Les leaves behind numerous people who loved him, only his immediate family is named here: wife Julie; sons, Andy, Dee Newren, Eric Morgan; daughter, Camille Kirkham; daughter-in-law, Jammie Kidd; grandchildren, Allison, Nicole, Alex, Becca, Cory, Davin, Benjamin, Christopher; parents, Loey and LaMona; and sisters, Laura Newren, Judy Otley.
Services will be Tues. July 30, 2002, 2 p.m., at the chapel, 9800 S. 2580 W, South Jordan. Friends and family may call Mon. 6-8 p.m., Larkin Mortuary, 260 E. South Temple, Salt Lake City, and Tues. 1-1:45 p.m. at the chapel. Interment, Salt Lake City Cemetery.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8