KAYSVILLE, UT - Phyllis Coleman Scheuller, 87, passed away peacefully in her sleep Wed., May 8, 2002, after a long illness that took away her ability to do many things that she so much enjoyed. Through-out it all she remained positive, faithful and grateful for all the kind deeds that were done for her. The family wishes to thank Gian, Ginger and Jenny for their devoted care during Mom's last three years.
She was born October 7, 1914 in Midway, Utah. She was the fourth daughter of Hugh and Elise Coleman. She spent her childhood and adolescent years in Midway. She was married to Henry F. Scheuller on October 5, 1936 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. They were able to spend 55 years together before his death in 1991.
She attended Wasatch High School and then LDS Business College until her family was started. Her life was devoted to her family, whom she loved and taught through precept and example. Her fondest memories in life were of times spent with her children and grandchildren.
Her life was one of faithful, quiet, obedience to the principles of the gospel and one of continuous service to her children and grandchildren whom she loved dearly. She was an active member of the LDS Church throughout her life. She served in Relief Society callings and offered anonymous service to those in need.
She is survived by her son, H. Coleman (Julie), Kaysville; one daughter, Pamela Ann Clark (Jeff), Farmington; one brother, Hal Coleman (Alice), St. George; and one sister, Edna Peterson, Bountiful. She leaves 10 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. Three grandsons are currently serving LDS missions. She was preceded in death by one daughter, Erma Ann; three sisters and one brother.
Funeral services will be held Monday, May 13, 2002 at 11 a.m. in the Kaysville East Stake Center, 600 E. 200 So. Friends may call Sunday, May 12, from 7-8:30 p.m. at Lindquist's Kaysville Mortuary, 400 North Main.
Interment, Midway City Cemetery.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13