LOS ANGELES (AP) Catya Sassoon, the daughter of celebrity hairstylist Vidal Sassoon, died of an accidental drug overdose, authorities said Wednesday.
The 33-year-old actress and model had taken a lethal amount of the painkiller hydromorphone, said David Campbell of the Los Angeles County coroner's office. Cocaine also was found in her system, but it appeared the painkiller caused her death, he said.
Sassoon also had a form of cardiovascular disease but it was unclear what role that might have played in her death, Campbell said.
The actress and model died in her sleep on New Year's Day in her Hollywood Hills home.
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Striking or spanking a child is not a...
- Wearing this one thing can help boost a...
- US tobacco growers brace for tougher competition
- Top 15 states for education
- School police stock up on free military gear
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 68
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 12
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- President Obama: Ebola outbreak a... 12
- School police stock up on free military... 10
- US won't rule out working with Iran... 6