LOS ANGELES (AP) Catya Sassoon, the daughter of celebrity hairstylist Vidal Sassoon, died of an accidental drug overdose, authorities said Wednesday.
The 33-year-old actress and model had taken a lethal amount of the painkiller hydromorphone, said David Campbell of the Los Angeles County coroner's office. Cocaine also was found in her system, but it appeared the painkiller caused her death, he said.
Sassoon also had a form of cardiovascular disease but it was unclear what role that might have played in her death, Campbell said.
The actress and model died in her sleep on New Year's Day in her Hollywood Hills home.
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- The rise of social entrepreneurship: How...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 52
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 36
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 28
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- House leaders abandon border bill 18
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13