LOS ANGELES (AP) Catya Sassoon, the daughter of celebrity hairstylist Vidal Sassoon, died of an accidental drug overdose, authorities said Wednesday.
The 33-year-old actress and model had taken a lethal amount of the painkiller hydromorphone, said David Campbell of the Los Angeles County coroner's office. Cocaine also was found in her system, but it appeared the painkiller caused her death, he said.
Sassoon also had a form of cardiovascular disease but it was unclear what role that might have played in her death, Campbell said.
The actress and model died in her sleep on New Year's Day in her Hollywood Hills home.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social Security
- Oscar Pistorius starts serving 5-year prison...
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- This type of high school can increase your...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 40
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 20
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9