LOS ANGELES (AP) Catya Sassoon, the daughter of celebrity hairstylist Vidal Sassoon, died of an accidental drug overdose, authorities said Wednesday.
The 33-year-old actress and model had taken a lethal amount of the painkiller hydromorphone, said David Campbell of the Los Angeles County coroner's office. Cocaine also was found in her system, but it appeared the painkiller caused her death, he said.
Sassoon also had a form of cardiovascular disease but it was unclear what role that might have played in her death, Campbell said.
The actress and model died in her sleep on New Year's Day in her Hollywood Hills home.
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Utah mourners for Pakistani children... 8