LOS ANGELES (AP) Catya Sassoon, the daughter of celebrity hairstylist Vidal Sassoon, died of an accidental drug overdose, authorities said Wednesday.
The 33-year-old actress and model had taken a lethal amount of the painkiller hydromorphone, said David Campbell of the Los Angeles County coroner's office. Cocaine also was found in her system, but it appeared the painkiller caused her death, he said.
Sassoon also had a form of cardiovascular disease but it was unclear what role that might have played in her death, Campbell said.
The actress and model died in her sleep on New Year's Day in her Hollywood Hills home.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- NFL says Husain Abdullah should not have been...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Luck, instinct determined fates of volcano...
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- Officials confirm first Ebola case diagnosed...
- Obama goal of Gitmo closure stalled at Pentagon
- Olympian Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charge
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- Obama: US 'underestimated' Islamic... 24
- New mom Chelsea Clinton celebrates baby... 14
- Police: Fired worker beheaded Oklahoma... 13
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 12
- Tens of thousands of immigrant families... 11
- Parents of Michael Brown unmoved by... 7