Dorothy Maxine Giles Tanner, age 71, passed away in her home March 13, 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah from cancer.
Born Nov. 2, 1930 in Bountiful, UT to Albert Waterfall Giles and Rachel Dorothy Jacobson Giles. Married Merlin Tanner Dec. 13, 1946 and divorced in 1950. Later married Vernon Tanner.
Preceded in death by both husbands and one daughter, LaDonna Stanley.
Survived by daughters Barbara Tanner of UT; Pattie Borden (Bobby) of AL; and son-in-law Howard Stanley (Glenda) of UT; grandchildren Elizabeth Palmer (James), John Allred (Crystal), and Robert Reutlinger, great-granddaughter Andrea Monique, and five of her nine brothers and sisters.
Funeral services will be held Monday, March 18, 2002 at 2:00 p.m. in the chapel at Redwood Memorial Estates (6500 S. Redwood Road). Friends may call Sunday, March 17, 2002 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and one hour prior to the service. Interment: Redwood Memorial Estates.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 26
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10