Dorothy Maxine Giles Tanner, age 71, passed away in her home March 13, 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah from cancer.
Born Nov. 2, 1930 in Bountiful, UT to Albert Waterfall Giles and Rachel Dorothy Jacobson Giles. Married Merlin Tanner Dec. 13, 1946 and divorced in 1950. Later married Vernon Tanner.
Preceded in death by both husbands and one daughter, LaDonna Stanley.
Survived by daughters Barbara Tanner of UT; Pattie Borden (Bobby) of AL; and son-in-law Howard Stanley (Glenda) of UT; grandchildren Elizabeth Palmer (James), John Allred (Crystal), and Robert Reutlinger, great-granddaughter Andrea Monique, and five of her nine brothers and sisters.
Funeral services will be held Monday, March 18, 2002 at 2:00 p.m. in the chapel at Redwood Memorial Estates (6500 S. Redwood Road). Friends may call Sunday, March 17, 2002 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and one hour prior to the service. Interment: Redwood Memorial Estates.
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Utah prosecutors forward allegations against...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- The Draw at Sugar House unveiled
- Looking for the perfect Pi Day pie? Here are...
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- Utah recognition of same-sex marriage... 70
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash... 34
- House report: John Swallow hung 'for... 32
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough... 29
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 27
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 25