Dorothy Maxine Giles Tanner, age 71, passed away in her home March 13, 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah from cancer.
Born Nov. 2, 1930 in Bountiful, UT to Albert Waterfall Giles and Rachel Dorothy Jacobson Giles. Married Merlin Tanner Dec. 13, 1946 and divorced in 1950. Later married Vernon Tanner.
Preceded in death by both husbands and one daughter, LaDonna Stanley.
Survived by daughters Barbara Tanner of UT; Pattie Borden (Bobby) of AL; and son-in-law Howard Stanley (Glenda) of UT; grandchildren Elizabeth Palmer (James), John Allred (Crystal), and Robert Reutlinger, great-granddaughter Andrea Monique, and five of her nine brothers and sisters.
Funeral services will be held Monday, March 18, 2002 at 2:00 p.m. in the chapel at Redwood Memorial Estates (6500 S. Redwood Road). Friends may call Sunday, March 17, 2002 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and one hour prior to the service. Interment: Redwood Memorial Estates.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Jury convicts San Juan County commissioner...
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19