Dorothy Maxine Giles Tanner, age 71, passed away in her home March 13, 2002 in Salt Lake City, Utah from cancer.
Born Nov. 2, 1930 in Bountiful, UT to Albert Waterfall Giles and Rachel Dorothy Jacobson Giles. Married Merlin Tanner Dec. 13, 1946 and divorced in 1950. Later married Vernon Tanner.
Preceded in death by both husbands and one daughter, LaDonna Stanley.
Survived by daughters Barbara Tanner of UT; Pattie Borden (Bobby) of AL; and son-in-law Howard Stanley (Glenda) of UT; grandchildren Elizabeth Palmer (James), John Allred (Crystal), and Robert Reutlinger, great-granddaughter Andrea Monique, and five of her nine brothers and sisters.
Funeral services will be held Monday, March 18, 2002 at 2:00 p.m. in the chapel at Redwood Memorial Estates (6500 S. Redwood Road). Friends may call Sunday, March 17, 2002 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and one hour prior to the service. Interment: Redwood Memorial Estates.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12