Grandpa Johnny peacefully passed away on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 with his wife and family by his side.
John was born on September 15, 1922 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Paul and Amanda Perpich Pezely. He grew up in Salt Lake City and is one of the last "Pioneer Park Boys". He served in World War II as a Merchant Marine. In December of 1945 he married his beautiful wife, Josephine Gertino. He retired from Kennecott Copper. He supported his children and grandchildren in all their activities. He loved to play Keno and watch the Utah Jazz. He enjoyed his favorite vacation spot, Mazatlan, Mexico.
He is survived by his wife, Josephine; three children, John (Denise) Pezely, Kathleen Barber, and George Pezely; his grandchildren, Tony, JoJo, Franco, Shell Baby, and Melissa "Mikey"; step grandchildren, Ebony and AJ., and sister, Ann Pagent.
He was preceded in death by his parents; brothers, Tony, Joe, Louie, Nick; sister, Katie, and son-in-law, Gary Barber.
The family would like to thank the staff of St. Joseph Villa for their care and love.
A funeral mass will be celebrated Saturday at 9:00 a.m. at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 174 East 900 South. A vigil service will be held Friday at 7:00 p.m. at Neil O'Donnell and Sons Mortuary, 372 East 100 South, where friends may call from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Committal: Mt. Calvary Catholic Cemetery, 4th Avenue and T Street.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23