Grandpa Johnny peacefully passed away on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 with his wife and family by his side.
John was born on September 15, 1922 in Salt Lake City, Utah to Paul and Amanda Perpich Pezely. He grew up in Salt Lake City and is one of the last "Pioneer Park Boys". He served in World War II as a Merchant Marine. In December of 1945 he married his beautiful wife, Josephine Gertino. He retired from Kennecott Copper. He supported his children and grandchildren in all their activities. He loved to play Keno and watch the Utah Jazz. He enjoyed his favorite vacation spot, Mazatlan, Mexico.
He is survived by his wife, Josephine; three children, John (Denise) Pezely, Kathleen Barber, and George Pezely; his grandchildren, Tony, JoJo, Franco, Shell Baby, and Melissa "Mikey"; step grandchildren, Ebony and AJ., and sister, Ann Pagent.
He was preceded in death by his parents; brothers, Tony, Joe, Louie, Nick; sister, Katie, and son-in-law, Gary Barber.
The family would like to thank the staff of St. Joseph Villa for their care and love.
A funeral mass will be celebrated Saturday at 9:00 a.m. at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 174 East 900 South. A vigil service will be held Friday at 7:00 p.m. at Neil O'Donnell and Sons Mortuary, 372 East 100 South, where friends may call from 6:00-7:00 p.m. Committal: Mt. Calvary Catholic Cemetery, 4th Avenue and T Street.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14