Davidene Monson Coombs, one of God's kindest souls, departed mortality after nobly enduring years of illness and discomfort on March 5, 2002.
While her husband and family rejoice in her release from physical pain and take comfort in the knowledge of eternal life, we mourn the loss of our sweetheart, mother, grandmother, friend, confidant, and shining example.
Davidene was born on September 1, 1935 in Salt Lake City, UT to Byron C. Monson and Casse L. Monson who preceded her in death. She was raised in Murray, UT and graduated from Murray High School in 1953.
Later in October of 1953, she married Franklin Morgan Coombs in the Salt Lake Temple. Davidene had many talents and served her family, church and community in many capacities. She was a great teacher, den mother, and Relief Society president.
Davidene brought joy, humor and warmth to whatever task with which she was involved. Prior to medical retirement, she served as Chief Deputy for the 4th District Court in Provo, UT.
She is survived by her husband, Franklin Morgan Coombs, and children Grant (JaLynn) Coombs, Nelson Coombs, Peter (Becky) Coombs, Rebecca (Ken) Boyle, Laurel Coombs, Jennifer (Kevin) Field, and Christian Coombs, sisters, Lyn (Scott) Lyman, Casse McCleery, Michelle (Kay) Johnson, Lani (Keith) Brown, 20 grandchildren and six great-grand-children. She was preceded in death by her parents, brothers; Albert , Grant, Amasa, and sisters; DeLell and Caroline.
Friends and family who wish to pay respect may attend the viewing held Friday 5-8 p.m. at Jenkins-Soffe Mortuary, 4760 South State, Murray. A second viewing will be held 10-11:30 a.m. at the Spring Creek 3rd Ward, 55 North Main, Springville. The funeral services will follow at 12 noon. Interment will be at East Lawn Memorial Hills, Provo, Utah.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer for...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 33
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 28
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8