Ivan Jonathan Bambrough, 76, died Saturday, February 23, 2002 at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden.
He was born Oct. 15, 1925 in Clearfield, a son of Orville J. and Nellie Frasier Bambrough. On Sept. 6, 1946, Ivan married Lula Randall in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He was a graduate of Weber High School and attended Utah State University where he played football at both schools. He had lived in Riverdale and in Roy since 1956. Ivan was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Roy 4th Ward where he was a High Priest. He had served as a Bishop, counselor in the Stake Presidency, High Councilman, Executive Secretary, and a Home Teacher. As a veteran of World War II, Ivan served with the U.S. Navy. He worked as an account executive at Blue Cross and Blue Shield for 35 years. Ivan enjoyed all kinds of sports including track. He also enjoyed gardening.
Surviving are his wife, Lula, of Roy; one son and two daughters, Randall Ivan (Susan) Bambrough, Fremont, Calif.; Jan (Robert) Shane, Sandy; L. Wren Scott, Beverly Hills, Calif.; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Ivan is also survived by one brother and one sister, Rulon (Betty) Bambrough, Midvale; Lanetha Pierce, Roy. Preceding him in death were his parents and one brother, Lewis.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday at 1 p.m. at Lindquist's Ogden Mortuary, 3408 Washington Blvd., with Bishop Larry Isaacs officiating. Friends may call at the mortuary on Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. and Wednesday 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Interment, Ben Lomond/North Ogden Cemetery.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 9