Ivan Jonathan Bambrough, 76, died Saturday, February 23, 2002 at McKay-Dee Hospital in Ogden.
He was born Oct. 15, 1925 in Clearfield, a son of Orville J. and Nellie Frasier Bambrough. On Sept. 6, 1946, Ivan married Lula Randall in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. He was a graduate of Weber High School and attended Utah State University where he played football at both schools. He had lived in Riverdale and in Roy since 1956. Ivan was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Roy 4th Ward where he was a High Priest. He had served as a Bishop, counselor in the Stake Presidency, High Councilman, Executive Secretary, and a Home Teacher. As a veteran of World War II, Ivan served with the U.S. Navy. He worked as an account executive at Blue Cross and Blue Shield for 35 years. Ivan enjoyed all kinds of sports including track. He also enjoyed gardening.
Surviving are his wife, Lula, of Roy; one son and two daughters, Randall Ivan (Susan) Bambrough, Fremont, Calif.; Jan (Robert) Shane, Sandy; L. Wren Scott, Beverly Hills, Calif.; nine grandchildren and one great-grandchild. Ivan is also survived by one brother and one sister, Rulon (Betty) Bambrough, Midvale; Lanetha Pierce, Roy. Preceding him in death were his parents and one brother, Lewis.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday at 1 p.m. at Lindquist's Ogden Mortuary, 3408 Washington Blvd., with Bishop Larry Isaacs officiating. Friends may call at the mortuary on Tuesday from 6-8 p.m. and Wednesday 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Interment, Ben Lomond/North Ogden Cemetery.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17