Phares Thomas Horman, age 90, beloved husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather and brother passed away February 28, 1990 in Salt Lake City.
Born October 12, 1899 in Tooele, Utah a son of Thomas DeLaHaye and Sarah Ann Vowles Horman. Married Sylvia Adeline Coolbear, she preceded him in death 1961. Married June Meiner, she preceded him in death 1974. Married Clare Chase on July 14, 1978 in the Salt Lake Temple. He served in numerous positions in the LDS Church, including Ward Clerk, Stake mission, Salt Lake Temple Baptistry and genealogy extraction work. General partner in Horman Construction Co., building shopping centers, including Cottonwood and Valley Fair Malls, churches and homes and remained involved in construction until his late 80's. Hobbies include making violins and playing many musical instruments. He had a marvelous sense of humor even in adversity. He will be missed and loved by all.
He is survived by his loving wife, Clare; seven children and spouses, Jean and Mack Wilburn, Phares and Hermine Horman, David and Anita Horman, Ken and Earleen Horman, Ron and Nadine Chase, Gary Chase, all of Salt Lake City; Shirley and John Hughey, Concord, California; 35 grandchildren and 46 great-grandchildren; two brothers, Sidney M. Horman and Theodore D. Horman, both Salt Lake City.
Funeral services will be held Saturday, 12 noon, March 3, 1990 at Wasatch Lawn Mortuary Chapel, 3401 South Highland Drive, where friends may call on Friday evening from 6-8 p.m. and on Saturday one hour prior to services. Interment Wasatch Lawn Memorial Park.
N3 3/1 N1 3/2
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 14