A light rail extension appropriation of $20 million has been included in the Bush administration's new federal budget that was released Monday.
In accordance with a request by Sen. Bob Bennett, R-Utah, Federal Transit Administrator Jenna Dorn said a full funding agreement of $20 million is included in the new budget to complete the TRAX extension from the University of Utah to the University Medical Center.
"Extending TRAX to the hospital will improve the commute for thousands of University of Utah students and employees, as well as those working at businesses in the surrounding area," Bennett said. "The daily snarl of traffic in this part of the city will be relieved, and the daily stress of the commute will be reduced. By supporting this funding in tight budgetary times, the Bush administration underscores the project's importance."
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23