SPANISH FORK- Paul Richard Cummings, age 48, of Spanish Fork, formerly of Lehi, died accidently with his best friend, Jay, Sept. 17, 2001.
He was born Sept. 5, 1953, in Tempe, Ariz., to David Hugh and Lee Edith Noble Cummings. He married Debra Gaye Anhder on Aug. 17, 1974, in the Oakland, California LDS Temple.
Paul was a pipe inspector for Geneva Steel. He was raised in Santa Monica, Calif., and had recently moved to Spanish Fork after living in Lehi for 13 years. He was a graduate of BYU. He was a Director for the Wolf Creek Running Camp for elite high school distance runners. He was a professional runner and was a 1984 Olympian in the 10,000 meters. He was a former world record holder in the half-marathon and still holds the record in the St. George Marathon.
Paul also had a great love for music and sang often.
He is survived by his wife of Spanish Fork; one son and three daughters: Scott (Angela) Cummings, Phoenix, Ariz.; Heidi (Tim) Naylor, Lehi; Holly (Tyson) Boltz, American Fork; Kelly Elizabeth Cummings, Spanish Fork; father, David (Janet) Cummings, Salt Lake City; 10 sisters and two brothers. He was preceded in death by his mother, Lee Edith Cummings; and father-in-law, Garth I. Anhder.
Funeral services will be held Friday, Sept. 21, 2001, at 1 p.m. in the Lehi 2nd-5th-9th Ward Chapel, 465 E. 300 North. Friends and family may call at the Wing Mortuary, 118 E. Main, Lehi, Thursday evening 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and at the Church Friday from 11:30 a.m. until time of services.
Interment in the Lehi City Cemetery.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 23
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14