SPANISH FORK- Paul Richard Cummings, age 48, of Spanish Fork, formerly of Lehi, died accidently with his best friend, Jay, Sept. 17, 2001.
He was born Sept. 5, 1953, in Tempe, Ariz., to David Hugh and Lee Edith Noble Cummings. He married Debra Gaye Anhder on Aug. 17, 1974, in the Oakland, California LDS Temple.
Paul was a pipe inspector for Geneva Steel. He was raised in Santa Monica, Calif., and had recently moved to Spanish Fork after living in Lehi for 13 years. He was a graduate of BYU. He was a Director for the Wolf Creek Running Camp for elite high school distance runners. He was a professional runner and was a 1984 Olympian in the 10,000 meters. He was a former world record holder in the half-marathon and still holds the record in the St. George Marathon.
Paul also had a great love for music and sang often.
He is survived by his wife of Spanish Fork; one son and three daughters: Scott (Angela) Cummings, Phoenix, Ariz.; Heidi (Tim) Naylor, Lehi; Holly (Tyson) Boltz, American Fork; Kelly Elizabeth Cummings, Spanish Fork; father, David (Janet) Cummings, Salt Lake City; 10 sisters and two brothers. He was preceded in death by his mother, Lee Edith Cummings; and father-in-law, Garth I. Anhder.
Funeral services will be held Friday, Sept. 21, 2001, at 1 p.m. in the Lehi 2nd-5th-9th Ward Chapel, 465 E. 300 North. Friends and family may call at the Wing Mortuary, 118 E. Main, Lehi, Thursday evening 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and at the Church Friday from 11:30 a.m. until time of services.
Interment in the Lehi City Cemetery.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 18
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9