Our beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother, Raymond Wilford Gygi, age 86, passed away August 26, 2001 at his daughter's home, surrounded by his family.
Born Oct. 17, 1914 in Salt Lake City to Fredrick and Clara Amelia Hanchen Gygi. Married Fae Adamson Feb. 14, 1941 in the Salt Lake Temple. He was a faithful and active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Raymond was an example of quiet strength, faith, and a great patriarch to his large family. He was a skilled carpenter and an excellent gardener. He readily shared both his expertise and the fruits of his garden with everyone who was in need. His passing leaves a great void in his extended family. He will be missed but remembered for his unending devotion to his family.
He was preceded in death by his son, Russell W. Gygi; sisters, Katie Thomas, Martha Viot, Annie Reedy, Mary Gygi; brother, Daniel F. Gygi;
grandsons, Richard Jorgensen and Scott Hoopes.
He is survived by his wife, Fae; brother, William Gygi; children, Carolyn (Arnold) Dyson, LaPreal (Burt) Hoopes, Thomas (Carol) Gygi, Steven A. Gygi, Ginger (Dave) Jorgensen, Colleen (Brian) Goodfellow, Kathleen (Kim) Newbold, Sharla (John) Groves, Lynette (Cristopher) Clements; 32 grandchildren; nine great-grand-children.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, August 30, 2001, 11 a.m. at the Cannon 1st Ward, 934 West Fremont Avenue. Friends may call Wed., 6-8 p.m. at McDougal Funeral Home, 4330 So. Redwood Rd and Thurs. at the church one hour prior to services. Intermen
t, Redwood Memorial Estates.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 33
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11