Our beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother, Raymond Wilford Gygi, age 86, passed away August 26, 2001 at his daughter's home, surrounded by his family.
Born Oct. 17, 1914 in Salt Lake City to Fredrick and Clara Amelia Hanchen Gygi. Married Fae Adamson Feb. 14, 1941 in the Salt Lake Temple. He was a faithful and active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Raymond was an example of quiet strength, faith, and a great patriarch to his large family. He was a skilled carpenter and an excellent gardener. He readily shared both his expertise and the fruits of his garden with everyone who was in need. His passing leaves a great void in his extended family. He will be missed but remembered for his unending devotion to his family.
He was preceded in death by his son, Russell W. Gygi; sisters, Katie Thomas, Martha Viot, Annie Reedy, Mary Gygi; brother, Daniel F. Gygi;
grandsons, Richard Jorgensen and Scott Hoopes.
He is survived by his wife, Fae; brother, William Gygi; children, Carolyn (Arnold) Dyson, LaPreal (Burt) Hoopes, Thomas (Carol) Gygi, Steven A. Gygi, Ginger (Dave) Jorgensen, Colleen (Brian) Goodfellow, Kathleen (Kim) Newbold, Sharla (John) Groves, Lynette (Cristopher) Clements; 32 grandchildren; nine great-grand-children.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, August 30, 2001, 11 a.m. at the Cannon 1st Ward, 934 West Fremont Avenue. Friends may call Wed., 6-8 p.m. at McDougal Funeral Home, 4330 So. Redwood Rd and Thurs. at the church one hour prior to services. Intermen
t, Redwood Memorial Estates.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18