Our beloved husband, father, grandfather and brother, Raymond Wilford Gygi, age 86, passed away August 26, 2001 at his daughter's home, surrounded by his family.
Born Oct. 17, 1914 in Salt Lake City to Fredrick and Clara Amelia Hanchen Gygi. Married Fae Adamson Feb. 14, 1941 in the Salt Lake Temple. He was a faithful and active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Raymond was an example of quiet strength, faith, and a great patriarch to his large family. He was a skilled carpenter and an excellent gardener. He readily shared both his expertise and the fruits of his garden with everyone who was in need. His passing leaves a great void in his extended family. He will be missed but remembered for his unending devotion to his family.
He was preceded in death by his son, Russell W. Gygi; sisters, Katie Thomas, Martha Viot, Annie Reedy, Mary Gygi; brother, Daniel F. Gygi;
grandsons, Richard Jorgensen and Scott Hoopes.
He is survived by his wife, Fae; brother, William Gygi; children, Carolyn (Arnold) Dyson, LaPreal (Burt) Hoopes, Thomas (Carol) Gygi, Steven A. Gygi, Ginger (Dave) Jorgensen, Colleen (Brian) Goodfellow, Kathleen (Kim) Newbold, Sharla (John) Groves, Lynette (Cristopher) Clements; 32 grandchildren; nine great-grand-children.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, August 30, 2001, 11 a.m. at the Cannon 1st Ward, 934 West Fremont Avenue. Friends may call Wed., 6-8 p.m. at McDougal Funeral Home, 4330 So. Redwood Rd and Thurs. at the church one hour prior to services. Intermen
t, Redwood Memorial Estates.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 32
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 25
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7