Our loving wife, mother, sister and aunt passed away peacefully July 23, 2001 after an eight-month battle with pancreatic cancer.
Born November 21, 1930 the daughter of August and Amalie Stahlberg (Krieger), in Glandau, East Prussia Germany (Poland).
In 1945 she left home to escape the Russian army and found refuge in Brake /Bielefeld, Germany. She became a citizen after immigrating to the USA in 1956.
Hilde was an accomplished seamstress and worked for E & J Manufacturing for 20 years until retiring in 1992. Mom loved to sew for her grandchildren and was a loving, caring and generous person. She loved outdoor activities including camping and fishing and was an avid bowler in the Optimist League at the Ritz. Hilde loved traveling with her husband to Germany and all over Europe enjoying many good times with her niece Erika and her nephew-in-law Lothar who were always close to her heart. Hilde enjoyed traveling and seeing new places and looked forward to going on yearly vacations with her family, she especially enjoyed the ocean and numerous trips to the Hawaiian Islands. Member of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
She is survived by her husband of 51 years, Walter, who lovingly cared for her over the last several months; daughters, Sylvia (Craig) Jones and Michele (Mike) Dykman; grandsons Nicolas and Marcus; granddaughter Mikayla; great-granddaughter
Taylore; sisters Martha, Erna, Paula and Gertrude; brothers Albert, Paul and August; brother-in-law Elmar (Lynn) Gudat; sister-in-law Linde Baker, Ilka Balser and Christa Boyko; and numerous nephews and nieces.
A Funeral Service will be held Friday, July 27th at 2 p.m. at Mountain View Memorial Estates, 3115 East 7800 South, Cottonwood Heights. Friends may call one hour prior to services at the mortuary. Interment Mountain View Memorial Estates.
The family would like to thank Karen Walton and Karen Thomas of CNS Hospice for their compassionate care.
Shayneh West, Funeral Director
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any new...
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike, says...
- Illinois the top party school in the US; BYU...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah criticism...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 50
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 38
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 36
- Herbert pleads with Obama to stop any... 34
- ACLU supports inmates' hunger strike,... 20
- EPA's Clean Power Plan draws Utah... 19
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 18
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12