Our loving wife, mother, sister and aunt passed away peacefully July 23, 2001 after an eight-month battle with pancreatic cancer.
Born November 21, 1930 the daughter of August and Amalie Stahlberg (Krieger), in Glandau, East Prussia Germany (Poland).
In 1945 she left home to escape the Russian army and found refuge in Brake /Bielefeld, Germany. She became a citizen after immigrating to the USA in 1956.
Hilde was an accomplished seamstress and worked for E & J Manufacturing for 20 years until retiring in 1992. Mom loved to sew for her grandchildren and was a loving, caring and generous person. She loved outdoor activities including camping and fishing and was an avid bowler in the Optimist League at the Ritz. Hilde loved traveling with her husband to Germany and all over Europe enjoying many good times with her niece Erika and her nephew-in-law Lothar who were always close to her heart. Hilde enjoyed traveling and seeing new places and looked forward to going on yearly vacations with her family, she especially enjoyed the ocean and numerous trips to the Hawaiian Islands. Member of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
She is survived by her husband of 51 years, Walter, who lovingly cared for her over the last several months; daughters, Sylvia (Craig) Jones and Michele (Mike) Dykman; grandsons Nicolas and Marcus; granddaughter Mikayla; great-granddaughter
Taylore; sisters Martha, Erna, Paula and Gertrude; brothers Albert, Paul and August; brother-in-law Elmar (Lynn) Gudat; sister-in-law Linde Baker, Ilka Balser and Christa Boyko; and numerous nephews and nieces.
A Funeral Service will be held Friday, July 27th at 2 p.m. at Mountain View Memorial Estates, 3115 East 7800 South, Cottonwood Heights. Friends may call one hour prior to services at the mortuary. Interment Mountain View Memorial Estates.
The family would like to thank Karen Walton and Karen Thomas of CNS Hospice for their compassionate care.
Shayneh West, Funeral Director
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- Bingham High students walk out over... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18