The Honorable Judge John H. Allen passed away July 21, 2001 from complications of Parkinson's Disease.
Born August 30, 1930 to Harold T. and Edna Brown Allen in Salt Lake City, Utah. He married his high school sweetheart, JoAnne Hansen on September 2, 1952 in the Logan LDS Temple.
After serving in Korea, John served in the U.S. Army Reserve as a senior commander over all the Judge Advocate General units in the 96th command. He retired as a Full Colonel in 1991 after 32 years of service.
John was appointed as a Federal Bankruptcy Judge on August 24, 1983. He served on the bench for 18 years, retiring July 15, 2001. Admired for his integrity, he had the respect of the legal community, the attorneys who appeared before him, and all who knew him. He was an active member of the LDS Church throughout his life.
Amerbley, Landrey, Riley, Miranda and Savannah will miss Grandpa! Although he was taken from us too soon, we know we will be apart only for a short while and together for eternity.
He is survived by his wife, JoAnne of Bountiful; one daughter Tamyra Allen Smith (Jerry) of Centerville; one son Todd H. Allen of Manhatten, NY; five grandchildren; brothers, James B. (Renee), Don B. (Sandra), and Paul B. (Dixie). He was preceded in death by his parents.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 12 noon at the Woodland Hills Ward, 650 South 750 East, Bountiful. Please join us Wednesday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary, 295 North Main and Thursday morning at the ward from 10-11:30 a.m. Interment, Bountiful City Cemetery. Military honors will be observed.
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Bankruptcy section of the Utah State Bar for a scholarship fund in memory of Judge John H. Allen, 645 South 200 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Zion National Park to hold public meetings on...
- National Guard trains in Denver to respond to...
- Utah defends busting theater for serving...
- Lawyers for victim in teacher sex case...
- Polynesians refused service at Utah bar...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- National conservative group backs... 15