The Honorable Judge John H. Allen passed away July 21, 2001 from complications of Parkinson's Disease.
Born August 30, 1930 to Harold T. and Edna Brown Allen in Salt Lake City, Utah. He married his high school sweetheart, JoAnne Hansen on September 2, 1952 in the Logan LDS Temple.
After serving in Korea, John served in the U.S. Army Reserve as a senior commander over all the Judge Advocate General units in the 96th command. He retired as a Full Colonel in 1991 after 32 years of service.
John was appointed as a Federal Bankruptcy Judge on August 24, 1983. He served on the bench for 18 years, retiring July 15, 2001. Admired for his integrity, he had the respect of the legal community, the attorneys who appeared before him, and all who knew him. He was an active member of the LDS Church throughout his life.
Amerbley, Landrey, Riley, Miranda and Savannah will miss Grandpa! Although he was taken from us too soon, we know we will be apart only for a short while and together for eternity.
He is survived by his wife, JoAnne of Bountiful; one daughter Tamyra Allen Smith (Jerry) of Centerville; one son Todd H. Allen of Manhatten, NY; five grandchildren; brothers, James B. (Renee), Don B. (Sandra), and Paul B. (Dixie). He was preceded in death by his parents.
Funeral services will be held Thursday, July 26, 2001 at 12 noon at the Woodland Hills Ward, 650 South 750 East, Bountiful. Please join us Wednesday evening from 6-8 p.m. at Russon Brothers Bountiful Mortuary, 295 North Main and Thursday morning at the ward from 10-11:30 a.m. Interment, Bountiful City Cemetery. Military honors will be observed.
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the Bankruptcy section of the Utah State Bar for a scholarship fund in memory of Judge John H. Allen, 645 South 200 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84111.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 50
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- Pig-shaped hot air balloon crashes in... 12
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- Utah denies proposed ballot initiative... 10